Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through a tweak called frash on cydia. It's pretty cool, now I can watch youtube videos that run on flash. If anyone wnats to know how to get it, just let me know

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
How do i get it?! Anything like this for the android, just got a droid x!

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Yeah, No more need to tap on the video to watch it!

Honestly, Why do people want it so badly on their phones? Games won't run on it, any good ones anyways.. The rest of flash is just advertizments..

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

Honestly, Why do people want it so badly on their phones? Games won't run on it, any good ones anyways.. The rest of flash is just advertizments..

Justin.tv, veoh, megavideo etc...

With some web browsers it won't load flash content until you select it, so you don't get ads.

Plus the way flash runs is much better than any App you might find that replaces the functionality. Being able to go to Justin.tv and get the full page with the original player is much better than the buggy Justin.tv app.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh154
View Post

Well, assuming you have an ipod touch or iphone that is jail broken, you need to add a sorce, the sorce is http://www.repo.benm.at Once you've added the sorce, search "frash" and install it. Boom, you've got flash
. The only thing is, when you try to open a flash game in safari, it crashes.

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,157 Posts
I didn't think frash supported video playback? Only light animation, etc., has there been an update to it in the last month or so?

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh154
View Post

If your froyo update didn't come with it preinstalled, which I think it did, then search flash in market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane1244
View Post

Several reasons. My math class uses a website called web assign. It's based in flash. Many of my RSS feeds post videos in vimeo. Flash again. Most important, flexibility. Situations come up. The two above included. Why not have a tool?

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's cool, you finally caught up to other significant Os'es.

Scurries away to play miniclip games on his overclocked Droid.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man View Post
Several reasons. My math class uses a website called web assign. It's based in flash. Many of my RSS feeds post videos in vimeo. Flash again. Most important, flexibility. Situations come up. The two above included. Why not have a tool?

The flash players are also usually better than the hard coded apps, and if your phone has flash acceleration its as good, if not better than H.264.

With flash youtube you have access to the full site and all it's features. You can read and post comments without interrupting the video, you can view related videos, go right to the uploader's page and everything else that the youtube app can't do.

Then add on the same functionality for the dozens of other similar sites like vimeo.

I'd bet even Netflix would work, since you can set your user agent to desktop and trick it into thinking you're on a PC.

The simple answer to why you need flash is that its better. Better in every way possible.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
I'd bet even Netflix would work, since you can set your user agent to desktop and trick it into thinking you're on a PC.
I thought netflix used silverlight?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by carpcmelee View Post
That's cool, you finally caught up to other significant Os'es.

Scurries away to play miniclip games on his overclocked Droid.
You mean like Froyo just came out with Flash? Like that?

Scurries away to play Sonic 4 Episode 1 on his iPhone 4.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts