Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my iceberg 4 today for my 5200. i'll shortly be publishing a review of it, as soon as the as5 wears in. i don't have a temp monitoring prog., but it cools well. the included ramsinks seem to work fairly decent, although i wouldn't count on them to cool a 6800 memory bank. but, the fan comes w/ led's in the fan, and it came together nicely. i had a helluva time getting the yellow paste of the core, but it came off w/ windex...lol, but i applied just enuff as5 to make it so you can't see the core. is this what i want, or do i need more? review to follow shortly when the as5 wears in, thanks everyone for pitching in on what cooler to get.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8308022

project w/ results after ocing..

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
cool, thats just the right amount of AS5...or should be. i got 1 of those coolers a long time ago thats on a 5600....its a pretty good cooler, not great but will definatly be enough for your 5200. but since my 5600 is somewhere in my closet, i really dont remeber what temps it got...i really dont use it anymore...its just way 2 slow

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Actually, since 6800s (GTs and Ultras at least) use DDR3 memory, chances are it runs cooler than yours without RAMsinks

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

cool, thats just the right amount of AS5...or should be. i got 1 of those coolers a long time ago thats on a 5600....its a pretty good cooler, not great but will definatly be enough for your 5200. but since my 5600 is somewhere in my closet, i really dont remeber what temps it got...i really dont use it anymore...its just way 2 slow

send it to me

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

send it to me

hmmm...thats quite possible..its not like ill use it...

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, ive had the as5 in for 3 days now, and it seems to cool very well. i don't have a temp monitor on board, does anyone know where i can get one? also, it seems to keep it very cool, which is good. the included ramsinks aren't that bad, it came w/ thermal tape and it sticks rite on... i'll write more later/

got it up from 250/400 stock to 356/477 , respectively.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

ok, ive had the as5 in for 3 days now, and it seems to cool very well. i don't have a temp monitor on board, does anyone know where i can get one? also, it seems to keep it very cool, which is good. the included ramsinks aren't that bad, it came w/ thermal tape and it sticks rite on... i'll write more later/

got it up from 250/400 stock to 356/477 , respectively.

review posted. it's in teh graffics card section of the review section

1 - 7 of 7 Posts