Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after waiting 2 weeks and paying $250+ CAD for the keyboard + $40 for import/customs and $140 to get the the UPS facility (VIA taxi) that was holding my Keyboard I finally got it!

nik5522.jpg

nik5526.jpg

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Wow... that's a lot of work and money for one keyboard. I hope you like it. Did they attempt to deliver it while you were out of town or something? (they try what, like three times?)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Woow, what's up with the $140 from UPS? That seems like a lot to pay for a keyboard so I really hope you're enjoying it.

Looks beautiful btw!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They attempted it one, Friday 8. I called UPS to leave it at the closest drop off to my house which was 1-2 away and it closes at 7:30. I got off work today at 6 and took the first available taxi which cost me $140 CAD one way lol.

What makes it worse is that I called UPS Friday night to drop it off at the nearest because facility for customer pick-up, I'm rarely home. I only missed the first attempt and the second attempt would of been made today. I really should of waited for the second attempt but I didn't know it was my girlfriends day off today and I would of saved $140...

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
A great keyboard is priceless. I find myself in front of my computer much more ever since I received my beautiful Ninja Majestouch-2, which I paid $160 + $4 overnight shipping for (Amazon prime), plus another $60 for a blank set of Filco keycaps from a group buy on Geekhack which I am eagerly awaiting.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
UPS is godawful in Canada.
I had the same issue with my 2600k, they came the first time but never knocked as I was 50ft from the door, the next day did the same thing and left a note, I called 5 minutes later and request that it be held for pickup, they came the third day AGAIN as I was getting ready for work and didn't knock or buzz, then left a note saying it was to be shipped back to the states. I called pissed off, they found it and held it, and I drove down to Vancouver to pick it up on my day off.

NEVER deal with UPS if you can avoid it up here.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Interestingly yours came with a red esc key mine only came with the 4 wasd ones......

Great keyboard loved mine enjoy it !

·
Registered
152 Posts
The taxi company should say thanks to Filco.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky;14183900
UPS is godawful in Canada.
I had the same issue with my 2600k, they came the first time but never knocked as I was 50ft from the door, the next day did the same thing and left a note, I called 5 minutes later and request that it be held for pickup, they came the third day AGAIN as I was getting ready for work and didn't knock or buzz, then left a note saying it was to be shipped back to the states. I called pissed off, they found it and held it, and I drove down to Vancouver to pick it up on my day off.

NEVER deal with UPS if you can avoid it up here.
Yeah, UPS in Canada's absolutely horrible... I'm willing to wait the couple of extra days that USPS usually takes. If I really want it faster, I'll pay more for a higher priority. The brokerage fees that UPS charges are so ridiculous, it always ends up being cheaper to go USPS.

But anyways, off topic. Great keyboard, hope you enjoy it!
biggrin.gif
One of my friends has one... love the feel of the browns. If not for the lack of a number pad, I'd consider getting one. That's the deal breaker for me, lol.

Edit: Except there's apparently a version that has a numpad. Should've googled it first! x.x

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Looks great, is this a tenkeyless? Would love to see more photos, if it could be arranged.

Man, deciding on the right keyboard for me is so hard
frown.gif

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie;14184481
Looks great, is this a tenkeyless? Would love to see more photos, if it could be arranged.

Man, deciding on the right keyboard for me is so hard
frown.gif
Ill take more photos after I get home from work tomorrow , its kinda dark here now. Its this version right here:
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_details.asp?PRODUCT=820
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master Chief;14184514
140 dollars for a cab ride?

No bicycle?
Lol! It would of taken me 3 hours to get there on bike.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Yours has the reds? I was under the impression that the red switches were more or less phased out. I'm in the market for Cherry MX Browns... or Blues if it means getting the keyboard that suits my needs the best.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie;14184914
Yours has the reds? I was under the impression that the red switches were more or less phased out. I'm in the market for Cherry MX Browns... or Blues if it means getting the keyboard that suits my needs the best.
Really the reds were supposed to be phased out? Do you know why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper~;14185105
Congrats on scoring a Filco reds. That's one fine keyboard you got there.
Thanks! Ya I'm really enjoying it right now, the keys feel so soft! Its nothing like I imagined, nothing like my Razer Black Widow Ultimate. It so silent and thats what I was going for, I'm very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkSterr;14185160
Really the reds were supposed to be phased out? Do you know why?
They were originally thought to be too light, but then I guess a few people took a liking to them and eventually there became a demand for them and keyboard manufacturers started using them again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkSterr;14185160
Thanks! Ya I'm really enjoying it right now, the keys feel so soft! Its nothing like I imagined, nothing like my Razer Black Widow Ultimate. It so silent and thats what I was going for, I'm very happy with it.
Reds are definitely the switch you want if you prefer light and silent.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
after an hour or 2 of use there's one thing that I'm noticing vs my black widow. I like the keys on my BW a lot more, it doesn't feel so plastic. For some reason when I remove the keys off the Filco they feel really light and feel like cheap plastic. Is this normal other Filco keyboard owners?

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Maybe they need to be lighter due to the lower force for actuation of the keys.*

*DISCLAIMER - that was a complete guess.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts