Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so, I'm excited about my new Intel build. Everything is looking great. I got a used i7 870 from someone here on OCN. I eventually placed an order for the ASUS motherboard and the CoolIT ECO. The motherboard was $30 instant off and came with a freebie: The U3S6 (USB 3.0 and SATA6 add-on card). I was out all day and bought more stuff along with the stuff I got from Newegg for this build.

I even made an unboxing video of everything. I've been doing those to track my history with the computer. In doing a separate unboxing video just for the ASUS Sabertooth (not put up yet), something I didn't notice didn't dawn on me until about an hour after the fact.

THERE WAS NO I/O SHIELD IN THE BOX!

I even looked over the Newegg shipping box again and didn't find anything else in there. Keep in mind, this wasn't even an "open box" item. This is brand new.

So now, I have a motherboard without the shield. It's really no biggie. I can still make the build, but the I/O shield does help in keeping dust away. Thing is, it's supposed to be there anyway. All of this now leads me to call ASUS tomorrow and see if they could be so generous as to send one over to me. I really don't want to have to pack the whole thing up and pay to have it shipped to ASUS or back to Newegg for an I/O shield that should have came WITH the thing in the first place. I also don't want to have to pay for a separate shield either. I'm hoping ASUS will send me one without a problem. Wish me luck.

Has anyone ever had this problem with NEW items? I'm sure that has happened many times.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
You dont have to pay for shipping at all.

Call newegg up say it doesnt work and they will send you an email with a shipping label and send a new board right over.

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337LutZ View Post
Call asus, if no good, call newegg.
I think this is pretty much my course of action. I want to see if ASUS will directly help. If not, I can always see if Newegg will make things right.

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
Asus will more than likely help you out. From my experience, Asus has decent enough customer service. If not, newegg will do something for you for sure. Sounds like you bought a BNIB item, and received an OB item instead. It happens sometimes. I actually bought a case a couple years ago that came to me scratched and with fingerprints all over it (obviously open box). Newegg let me keep the case, and refunded me the money for it

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
Asus will more than likely help you out. From my experience, Asus has decent enough customer service. If not, newegg will do something for you for sure. Sounds like you bought a BNIB item, and received an OB item instead. It happens sometimes. I actually bought a case a couple years ago that came to me scratched and with fingerprints all over it (obviously open box). Newegg let me keep the case, and refunded me the money for it
That's the general thought. I know ASUS is pretty good with their customers. I rarely hear a bad thing about ASUS service.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
That sucks about the I/O Shield. I'm sure ASUS will send one to ya for a very minimal fee, if any at all. I mean, it's not like the most expensive part of the PC.

You'll like the Sabertooth, good board. Looks damn sexy too. Gonna be putting mine back in commission this week once my Xeon comes in. Lemme know when that Unboxing vid is up.

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
was it sealed when you got it (actual NIB) or was it an open box? If it was an open box it says --

*suddenly remembers how to read*

Yeah, phone Asus, let them know your NIB motherboard didn't come with an IO shield. They should get one out to you pretty quickly. If for some reason (highly unlikely) they give you some sort of a run around, then contact Newegg and just be honest -- the NIB item did not come with all advertised accessories. That should be enough for an RMA.

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, a quick update. I called ASUS about 30 minutes ago. Got in touch with the "Motherboards" department, and in turn, sent me to "Accessories." All the woman asked for was my name, serial number, shipping address and my email. In the email, they will tell me how long it will take to ship.

I'll keep people posted once I get the email. I haven't got it as of right now.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I actually had the same thing happen to me a while back with a P5N-e SLI board, Asus customer support is great you'll have it quickly. Unfortunately thats the only experience I had with asus support since I still have yet to have one of their products die. *crossing fingers*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts