Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, it is done... except for the fact that I ran out of tubing. Anyway, my Danger Den order came in and I got the system installed (to a point). I will be posting pictures on Wednesday night.

As far as I can see, my only complain is the GPU block. Heavy little bugger. Anyway, I expect to get the rest of the tubing from Home Depot and be done right after dinner. Thanks to all who gave encouragement, direction and/or just asked questions.

·
Registered
698 Posts
woot woot! Lets see some pics and some temps! And hey you live in Mass. You can just hang the radiator out the window and drop it into the snow

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have thought about that. I saw a very nice piece of aluminum at the hardware store... maybe a box is in order.

·
Registered
698 Posts
should work pretty well, just remember not to put the fan on, I doubt it'll move snow very well. And make sure your mobo is condensation proofed just in case

God, I havent gone to sleep yet, and Im sure people have gone to sleep and woken up by now! :-/

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

should work pretty well, just remember not to put the fan on, I doubt it'll move snow very well. And make sure your mobo is condensation proofed just in case

God, I havent gone to sleep yet, and Im sure people have gone to sleep and woken up by now! :-/

hehe i just got home from work... time for another day of calling newegg and giving them hell till they ship my CPU.... i'm really not happy with them right now.

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter

Well folks, it is done... except for the fact that I ran out of tubing. Anyway, my Danger Den order came in and I got the system installed (to a point). I will be posting pictures on Wednesday night.

As far as I can see, my only complain is the GPU block. Heavy little bugger. Anyway, I expect to get the rest of the tubing from Home Depot and be done right after dinner. Thanks to all who gave encouragement, direction and/or just asked questions.

Which components did you get? pump and water blocks?

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by archer_456

HeHe, you work night shift too?

yea... i work for the local paper in circulation. it's my job to do whatever it takes to get the papers delivered. it is both a great and horrible job.

·
Registered
698 Posts
And my job is a student. And I couldnt sleep to save my life last night. Though on the bright side, I beat Halo 2 at about 8:45 this morning. The ending made me very angry, but I wont go any farther than that.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

And my job is a student. And I couldnt sleep to save my life last night. Though on the bright side, I beat Halo 2 at about 8:45 this morning. The ending made me very angry, but I wont go any farther than that.

I'm starting classes back up next semester. PM me the ending as I don't ahve the patience to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The WC setup is up and running now.. CPU Temp at the moment is 32C, mobo is 44C. Running only 1 fan in the case. Ran Falcon 4.0 with all the bells and whistles enabled, temps didn't flinch. CPU is overclocked, so is the GPU. I am happy.

Processing pics as we speak. Will post some in a few hours.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

looks very good, one suggestion though. You really need to put a rubber gromet around the hoses going through the back of the case to protect them. after a little vibration the sheet metal may cut through the hose.

It was done after the picture.

Update, mobo temps went down to 27C. Yipee!

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Cool, I am hoping to get my WC going at christmas. Which components did you use, water blocks and pump?

Got almost everything from Danger Den

TDX CPU block
Maze4 GPU Block
Both come with the hold downs
Danner Mag3 pump, from a local seawater fish vendor
other components, barbed fittings, tubing, double heater core, 120mm fans (2).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts