Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I don't judge scoring yet, this is very new processor and need some time for Pros to finalize BIOS settings, in a few weeks once it's show up in the stores, after new BIOS update, and then we can talk about this chip.... to new to be sure

·
Premium Member
15,526 Posts
To answer your question op, the bulldozer chips are crap. Keep your 1090T or switch to 2500k/2600k.

I would be recommending this regardless of what hardware Im personally using.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Keep the 1090t....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Just wait please. Stop making this threads. Like someone else said just wait. Software has a part in this. And a brand new architecture, so just wait a month.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ugh, human patience ftl as usual.

1: 990fx boards have a BIOS to 'accept' a zambezi CPU.
2: They do not have a BIOS that is even remotely optimized for it yet.
3: If you have no idea regarding CPU architecture, don't post and make yourself look foolish.

I'm not saying the Bulldozer is good, or bad, i'm saying anyone with half a working brain will know you cannot tell yet. You could say the same for every new gen cpu, or gpu for that matter with new series drivers, always horrid initially.

TLDR: Cry babies, wait till you have something to cry about, and don't waste your tears..

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would recommend holding off till/if there are optimization's to be had. Your gambling if you get one right now, once again as stated I'm a gambling man.

If you have the need to ask then your not ready to make a purchase.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmodean
View Post

3: If you have no idea regarding CPU architecture, don't post and make yourself look foolish.

I'm not saying the Bulldozer is good, or bad, i'm saying anyone with half a working brain will know you cannot tell yet. You could say the same for every new gen cpu, or gpu for that matter with new series drivers, always horrid initially.

TLDR: Cry babies, wait till you have something to cry about, and don't waste your tears..

Hmmm someone who has half a brain would read and comprehend, how are they performing now, not tomorrow. I didn't ask for a fortune. I'm asking how its benching now. Man don't get your panties up in a bunch, and don't read too far into a question. It really is a simple question. I wanted an initial idea of how its doing. Perhaps you should get your head out of your @ss and answer the simple question. Notice my question I stated how are they benching (present tense) Not How will they bench (future tense)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukon
View Post

I would recommend holding off till/if there are optimization's to be had. Your gambling if you get one right now, once again as stated I'm a gambling man.

If you have the need to ask then your not ready to make a purchase.

See this is a better answer, it is polite and not implying that he is a better person. He gave a legitimate answer without being an @ss.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ussoldier_1984
View Post

Hmmm someone who has half a brain would read and comprehend, how are they performing now, not tomorrow. I didn't ask for a fortune. I'm asking how its benching now. Man don't get your panties up in a bunch, and don't read too far into a question. It really is a simple question. I wanted an initial idea of how its doing. Perhaps you should get your head out of your @ss and answer the simple question. Notice my question I stated how are they benching (present tense) Not How will they bench (future tense)

From everything I have been reading it benches very well on certain things and ok to poor on others but hopefully it will be improved. My biggest concern is the power consumption of the chip when overclocked. It does seem to do a lot better when overclocked but when compared to a 1100t overclocked to 4.2 and fx-8150 being overclocked to 4.7-4.8 cinebench scores were not much better. It's new so maybe software out there isn't using this new cpu to the fullest. We really just don't know but initial benches don't look so great overall. I am waiting to see if it improves or not and I might end up getting either a 1090t or 1100t if it doesn't since I am already vested in a am3+ board.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Hmmm someone who has half a brain would read and comprehend, how are they performing now, not tomorrow. I didn't ask for a fortune. I'm asking how its benching now. Man don't get your panties up in a bunch, and don't read too far into a question. It really is a simple question.

+1

Not to mention, Human Patience FTL?
- How long has AMD been working on this again? There's patience and then there's ineptitude, this CPU being the later.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmodean
View Post

You do realize people have been waiting for this cpu for YEARS right? That's an eternity in computer time, I think expectations for a strong release were warranted - especially after last minute delays (which I would assume would be to clear up those issues you've laid forth). This cpu might be great a few weeks from now, or it might not - what we know for sure is that most software isn't optimized for bulldozer and it won't be for quite a while to come. If you need a cpu now, it simply does not make sense to wait - the 2500k is an exceptional value that will suit a far broader range of needs. If your tasks are completely multithreaded, it may be prudent to wait but otherwise, I don't think it's wise at all (waiting really never is when it comes to computer components).

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by patricksiglin
View Post

From everything I have been reading it benches very well on certain things and ok to poor on others but hopefully it will be improved. My biggest concern is the power consumption of the chip when overclocked. It does seem to do a lot better when overclocked but when compared to a 1100t overclocked to 4.2 and fx-8150 being overclocked to 4.7-4.8 cinebench scores were not much better. It's new so maybe software out there isn't using this new cpu to the fullest. We really just don't know but initial benches don't look so great overall. I am waiting to see if it improves or not and I might end up getting either a 1090t or 1100t if it doesn't since I am already vested in a am3+ board.

Yea I am vested in an AM3+ board to, crosshair V formula, my intentions were to wait till the 2nd gen came out or when they fixed all the bugs. I really have high expectations with this new chip I just hope that when everything is worked out it will hold up to the expectations. Otherwise I might stray to the dark side and build my first intel rig...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yea I am vested in an AM3+ board to, crosshair V formula, my intentions were to wait till the 2nd gen came out or when they fixed all the bugs. I really have high expectations with this new chip I just hope that when everything is worked out it will hold up to the expectations. Otherwise I might stray to the dark side and build my first intel rig...

To me you seem to have the perfect setup now if nothing improves on BD but each his own I guess. lol I really have a feeling it will improve just not sure how much. By looking at the reviews and benches I am wondering if the 4 core and 6 core versions are a waste though unless the overclock potential on them can carry them over the phenom II.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts