Overclock.net banner

I have 2 Q's

201 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Paradigm84 
#1 ·
Hi, i have a filco majestouch and i wanted to know if it is possible to add a backlight without modding it. i have seen only 1 vid and it involves drilling into the keyboard, and there is no way im going to do that.

also i was wondering where i can get a full set of either clear laser etched keys if you know how to make a keyboard backlit, or where i can get a set of different colored keys. i know you can buy full sets at wasd keyboards, but i want different colors for example going down in stripes of colors

thanks
thumb.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
How do you plan to add backlighting without modding it? If it doesn't have it from the factory then you will need to mod it.
thinking.gif

#3 ·
Without modding no, even if you did something really ridiculous like had LED stips going between the keys, you'd have no way to power it without the board looking ridiculous.

And WASD DO sell coloured keycaps in any design you can think (with the given colours), they just have it (somewhat stupidly) not easy to find.

You have to go here and then in the drop down menu for "Product Type", change it to "Keycaps Only", then the prices start at initially $60 for a full 104/ 105 (or whatever full size) set and you can choose the colour for each key if you wish.

Some examples of the keyboards people have designed can be found here if you need any inspiration.
thumb.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.