Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i have said i have a Asus P5AD2-Deluxe mobo and i wanna try overclocking , i have a intel 3.4ghz LGA775 and 512mb pc 4400 ddrII ram , how would i go about overclocking it and also i only have a stock cooler what would be a better option?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
read the "how to" overclocking guide in the Intel forum Upgrading your cooling is a definate

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
air or water? air a thermaltake tower 112, or a thermalright xp90 or 120 with the special retention clip. both these rock

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I would go the Thermaltake Big Water Cooling Kit (that's its name). It offers alot of performance for thge price. Only about $40-$50 more than a XP120 and offers better performance and you can cool your GFX aswell. It also works better if you live in hot clim ates where the air is hotter and air cooling is has less performance.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

I would go the Thermaltake Big Water Cooling Kit (that's its name). It offers alot of performance for thge price. Only about $40-$50 more than a XP120 and offers better performance and you can cool your GFX aswell. It also works better if you live in hot clim ates where the air is hotter and air cooling is has less performance.

He lives in the UK.

As I look at the snow outside I can guarantee that the climate will not adversely affect the cooling.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

He lives in the UK.

As I look at the snow outside I can guarantee that the climate will not adversely affect the cooling.

Koolance makes a very good water cooling case...
(check www.koolance.com)

There are lots of detailed guides at Toms hardware as well as Anandtech..specifically about P5AD2...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts