Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i really need your help as for the past 3 days i have been pulling my hair out

I have been building my own computers for about 15 years now so i am not a total noob

Here is the setup i went with:
CPU: 1950x
Mobo: Asus X399-A prime
RAM: 4x8gb corsair 2400 mhz
PSU: Thermaltake RBG750
GPU: MSI rx570 4gb OC
HDD: m2 crucial 1tb + 4*8tb hdd

From day 1 the computer had major issue passing POST, once it did (about 15 sec later) it would load windows and at random (could be 2 min, could be 12hours) it would hard reset it self, i had it reset on me when i was in BIOS, or when i was doing a mem test, so that kinda rules out an OS issue

I have changed the mobo with another one under warranty, the ram was changed with corsair 2X16GB 3000mhz, i have changed the PSU with a seasonic 400w, changed the lan card ( this is a workstation and i need multiple lan's) still the same issue

The only thing that was not changed is the GPU, CPU, hdd's and the m2, and the case (antec 900)

I am getting a new cpu tomorrow, i will keep you posted if that fixes the issue or if i became bald :)

In the mean time what are your thoughts what can it be the issue?

PS i did update the bios and with the latest bios it doesn't post, so i have to use the bios before the latest version

Thanks

Alex

·
Senior OCN Member
39,870 Posts
Sounds like a broken motherboard

·
Registered
371 Posts
i have built machines in the past which have been unstable as soon as assembled with standard settings.
My current 8700k required bios tweaks (i just went off and overclocked it) before it was stable
To start with, i would check out your memory timings in bios against those from the manufacturers spec sheet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts