Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so after breaking a resistor I go to Fry's and use my friends receipt for the exact same mobo to switch it out for a new one. When I get home I realize I left the XP-120 bracket on the mobo at Fry's so I had to go back and wait another hour to get that back. Now I'm home and everythings installed and nothing will work. I had to install windows 3 times because each time I guess I missed the final step. Then no installers will run so I do a slow reformat and here I am. I finally got HL2 to install after the 3rd attempt because it crashed and twice for VTM. Well now I realized my new problem, because my computer doesnt restart. It turns off to restart and then doesnt post. I reset my surge protector and then it works. My time is wrong.. I set it last night and now its 4 hours and 20 minutes off. Does that mean I need a new mobo battery?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Definitely time for a new battery.

You've got some crappy luck with computers...lol

are you currently at stock settings? (200x10 I mean)

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Yep CMOS battery time. Have fun those (around here) are about 15 dollars a pop. I have a spare one, I do belive they all are the same size. I just destroyed a bunch of "door stops" we call comptuers. anyways if you want it pm me where I should send it.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

Definitely time for a new battery.

You've got some crappy luck with computers...lol

are you currently at stock settings? (200x10 I mean)

yea 200x10

·
Registered
698 Posts
yucky man. At least its a semi-easy fix (if thats whats wrong, and these guys are veritable bibles of computer knowledge, so thats probably whats wrong.)

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
YOu can get the bats around here for $1.50 or as much as $4.50 at any drug store or camera shop.

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

YOu can get the bats around here for $1.50 or as much as $4.50 at any drug store or camera shop.

thanks man... well i switched the battery out... i dont think i had to though..... turns out the second board had the original BIOS which caused a heap of problems since I have a DTR... the board I got from Newegg powered and restarted fine with my DTR.. the frys one did not even thought both seemed to have had the same BIOS... well now i seem to have fixed everything.... Xavier suggested, since I'm getting insane intermittent freezing on games(not crashing just everything stopping for 5-30 seconds), for me to increase the virtual memory page size so i maxed it out 1500 and something megs... so in CS Source I had no lag... but I got my ass kicked still...(friggin awpers)... so yea... I'm rarely crashing and I'm getting no freezing... I still need new/more ram for OCing and better performance... I'm looking into a gig or matched 512s....

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I prefer the Crucial Ballistix but if you on a budget there is some Patriot at newegg w/a nice price and great timings too. Patriot, I had done some research receintly and found they been in business 15 yrs and new to the high end market and there are a few good reviews out too.
It was $195 reciently but went up ;( to $223 for DDR3200, 2x512 w/a CAS2.2.2.5 rating
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...220-033&depa=0
If you don't mind the price DDR3200 Balistix, or OCZ DDR3200 Plat. Rev 2 is very good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts