Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so first off, I first bought Adata's flame ddr4 1x16gb stick, then I needed to upgrade to 32gb due to video editing, but absolutely no one has it in stock anywhere. Then I couldn't find any single 16gb sticks anywhere so I was stuck having to buy two 8gb sticks.

So now I'm running 3 sticks of ram which is proving to be difficult in finding suggested fast settings in Ryzen Dram Calc to work.
I ended up getting a really good deal on Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Memory Kit CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 which are now running with the single 16gb stick
I lucked out because they are all using the same chips as my other stick, however they have slightly different timings as shown below in pics and one is rank 2 and the other two are rank 1. So I figured I would most likely be able to calculate based on the 16gb stick which has a higher CL than the two 8's, but that did not work.

So now I ask, what would be the best way to go about getting these to run at either 2800 or 3000 at best timings possible?
So far I've tried doing each suggested XMP profile timings into the calc, but both sets will not boot.

Here's an example of what I was trying to use:

·
Not New to OCN
1,750 Posts
You could maybe try just going for 2666 or 2400 since the higher clocks were giving you issues. But ultimately in the long term, I think you'd be better off just getting all new matching ram, possibly just get another set of the 2x8GB for total 4x8GB and try and sell the 16gb stick.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of right now, I'm at 2800 16-15-15-36-51 stable, which is fine.
From searching the Adata has been known to clock to 3000 without issue and the Corsair is stock at 3000, so I should be good to go a little higher from where I'm at now.
But I'd like to get some tighter timings too and stay at the clocks I'm at.

I'd love to sell it, but prices are way too high right now, I'm going to go that route only if prices come down a bit.
More than likely, I'll just get another 16gb stick when I see it come back into stock.

·
Registered
463 Posts
1- You have 2 sticks from one brand, 1 from another brand - That's almost OK since they share the same DRAM IC

2- Mixing memory with different density - not OK

3- Mixing single rank memory with double rank memory on a three slot populated configuration - not OK

Honestly, you are trying to achieve something that will hardly work "fine".

If you don't need 32GB of memory then just stick with 2x8GB and enjoy the benefits of dual-channel. If you really need 32GB then get another 2x8GB kit with the exact same part number and version of the ones you already have as these corsair are single ranked and that alone will enable you to get higher fabric speeds with less trouble.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me about it!

I can actually get the calcs recommended settings (all of them) with exception to the TRFC of 364.3
It wants to run default 491. Lowest I can get it to boot is 400. Any ideas of what I could try?

Like I said, memtest HCI gave me all green, stable at 2800mhz and 16-15-15-15-32 timings, with no other timings tweaked, but the calc is telling me to run 16-16-16-16-32 along with the other tweaked timings.

·
AMD overclocker/developer
1,652 Posts
1) use the values of the slowest module
2) the memory must then be installed in slots a1b1 (it is in these slots that a swap of banks does not work)
3) procODT 53-68.8 , RTT : rzq7 / rzq3 / rzq1 or auto

worth trying, I have not seen similar situations, but in any case the maximum frequency is limited to 2933

1 - 6 of 6 Posts