Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I...i took my first Computer Engineering test on monday. It had nothing to do with anything I know and, I sucked it. I absolutely did horrible. It was about stupid things like taskbars and what project started the internet and why is a mainframe more secure than a PC. I didnt know and...i finished with...damn i hate to say it a 78%. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHhh please dont dis-own me! The noob i help beside me, he didnt even know anything about a computer, wiring, part names, anything...b...beat me. I feel horrible

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yeah...i just can't take it. All these kids ask me for help, then they do better than me in the class...one kid actually ripped the PCI port off an old P3 mobo cause he thought that was part of the video card..that is NOT a lie!

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
In my opinion all computer hardware tests should be hands on only. That way if you're stupid it'll show right away and if you actually know it then you won't have any problem showing it. The reason they don't do this of course is cost, mostly for all the teachers time spent giving the tests.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gaaaaahh! You should see how long it takes these guys to put a computer together, it really surprises me. I'm a part of the schools computer tech team too, me n a couple hockey buddies, and I have one of the lower marks -_- These guys think

Sempron>Core 2 Duo because and AMD is faster

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
78% isn't horrible for a test you claimed to not understand. You did great.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopi

haha yeah...i just can't take it. All these kids ask me for help, then they do better than me in the class...one kid actually ripped the PCI port off an old P3 mobo cause he thought that was part of the video card..that is NOT a lie!

All my tech teachers in HS gave me bad grades because they hated me. I would let them know when they were wrong and if they really wanted to duke it out I'd prove it. It was really quite funny.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

I...i took my first Computer Engineering test on monday. It had nothing to do with anything I know and, I sucked it. I absolutely did horrible. It was about stupid things like taskbars and what project started the internet and why is a mainframe more secure than a PC. I didnt know and...i finished with...damn i hate to say it a 78%. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHhh please dont dis-own me! The noob i help beside me, he didnt even know anything about a computer, wiring, part names, anything...b...beat me. I feel horrible

Are you sure that's actually an engineering course? It sounds more like vocational schooling. What college are you attending?

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
78% is fine, don't get all emo. I got all A's in highschool....I have to struggle to get B's in college (my major is CPE also), its too stressful so I just slide with high C's.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC

78% isn't horrible for a test you claimed to not understand. You did great.

I did understand it, the test was just on stuff we never really covered. He gave us one website to work off of, some Cisco client tihng.....ugly. The internet project was started by Harpa, who cares? I'd rather tell him something fun and usefull lol

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Quote:

I did understand it, the test was just on stuff we never really covered.

That happens alot. I hate it. I don't even see why I even go to lecture anymore. Might as well just read the whole book on my own time.

·
Old school
14,400 Posts
Cisco? So did u get a certificate? You are supposed to get a certificate if you score higher then 70% on the final test. Which of course isn't bad at all. A couple of years ago I got myself a Cisco certificate, but it kinda sucks due to that it's only "valuable" for a year and then you would have to get the certificate again.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

I did understand it, the test was just on stuff we never really covered. He gave us one website to work off of, some Cisco client tihng.....ugly. The internet project was started by Harpa, who cares? I'd rather tell him something fun and usefull lol

You mean Darpa?

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure...i got that one wrong LOL. And i havn't finished the unit thing, its just a unit test.

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
yea in a lot of courses they seem to test you on boring things, rather than things that would be useful if you where a computer tech!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
In all of my CE classes we never were tested over things like that. A 78% in college is not that bad, and if this is your first year than that is nothing to frawn about.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dangerousHobo

In all of my CE classes we never were tested over things like that. A 78% in college is not that bad, and if this is your first year than that is nothing to frawn about.

Thank you. I was really disappointed in my grades, but I guess you're right, college is a whole nother ballpark, and I gotta be content with a B.

But I do lose my scholarship if I get under a 3.0 GPA, so I'd better get more than a B on some stuff...

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IT IS! I know so much more than the rest of the class...if everyone else got like 60's I could understand. I feel like a noob pretty much...i just got pwned by like, 7 noobs

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep...now their bragging and calling me the noob. I have...what,...2, maybe 3 months to bring my mark up and pass..hopefully enough time if i buckle down

1 - 20 of 27 Posts