Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did it i was shopping for a new card and could not afford a nice nvidia card. So i jumped ship to Ati i got a pc 5870 card. I was not ready for the size of the card after a couple of changes in my 900 case i was in business. Im impressed great performance and they are a canadian company

·
Registered
659 Posts
You have made a wise purchase.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Awesome card.

And sorry to disappoint you, but ATI/AMD is based in sunnyvale, california.

·
Snow!
1,246 Posts
Well, they used to be a Canadian company. I do believe their HQ is still in Canada.

Hope you enjoy the red side

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by billyford
View Post

Well i did it i was shopping for a new card and could not afford a nice nvidia card. So i jumped ship to Ati i got a pc 5870 card. I was not ready for the size of the card after a couple of changes in my 900 case i was in business. Im impressed great performance and they are a canadian company

Just wondering what nVidia cards were you considering? I prefer ati won this card in a freebie.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Silver View Post
Well, they used to be a Canadian company. I do believe their HQ is still in Canada.

Hope you enjoy the red side

Markham, Ontario, if I remember correctly

·
Snow!
1,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniDragon View Post
Markham, Ontario, if I remember correctly
Yeah, just looked it up. It's called AMD Markham now, which I would imagine they still do the majority of GPU R&D there. So as far as I'm concerned, Radeon cards are Canadian XD

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
HEHE ATI cards are great,but I sold mine going back to NVIDIA(FERMI) cards.One thing for sure the ATI were the fastest cards I have had to date with no problems either.Although there are alot of people who seem to have problems.(no comment here)

Clock your card to 1000/1200 and you will have a beast,if you do not you wasted your money,because the ATI cards are meant to be overclocked , no knowledge is needed on the users part to get great performance out of these cards.

Quote:
Yeah, just looked it up. It's called AMD Markham now, which I would imagine they still do the majority of GPU R&D there. So as far as I'm concerned, Radeon cards are Canadian XD
There Canadian and you can get E.S. sample cards if you live close to Toronto and get in tough with the right people.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerardfraser
View Post

... no knowledge is needed on the users part to get great performance out of these cards.

And you can trust gerardfraser, because he is living, breathing proof of this particular axiom ...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv
View Post

And you can trust gerardfraser, because he is living, breathing proof of this particular axiom ...

You know not anyone on this forum knows what you mean by that comment .

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Quote:

View Post

lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gerardfraser View Post
Just because you don't get it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. An axiom is a postulate that isn't proven.

@OP: Congrats on your purchase! A 5870 should last you for a while

·
AMD Overclocker
9,176 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I did

• Rep+
Reactions: DannyB0y

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Grats OP! Great card.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azakai
View Post

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. An axiom is a postulate that isn't proven.

@OP: Congrats on your purchase! A 5870 should last you for a while

Close ... an axiom is a postulate that is proven.

Put another way, there is more certainty to an axiom than a postulate.

Of course, what gf said is, in actuality, anything but axiomatic. Hence the word choice was me being a smartass, as usual

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Close ... an axiom is a postulate that is proven.

Put another way, there is more certainty to an axiom than a postulate.

Of course, what gf said is, in actuality, anything but axiomatic. Hence the word choice was me being a smartass, as usual

And thus why I said what I said.I knew what you were implying

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Well you're not alone then, you and me both have no clue what in the world he just said.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Quote:

View Post

And thus why I said what I said.I knew what you were implying

What I am implying is that I've seen your tri-fire benchmarks, they are superlative, basically, they're awesome beyond belief. And at the same time, you really seem to know next to nothing about computers. Or if you do, you completely lack the patience to formulate posts that convey what knowledge you do have in a useful and helpful way (for the record, my bet is on the former of these options).

OTOH, you've literally admitted in the past that you're showing off your great benchmarks, just to brag.

Therefore, I have no compunction whatsoever about saying that you are a living, breathing example of your own statement of fact, which was that it requires no knowledge to coax great performance out of these cards.

Frankly, you 'walked right into this one', as the saying goes.

BTW, I see you still haven't figured out how to fill in those system specs yet, eh? I mean, it's only been 14 months since you joined, so ...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts