Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't really know anything (or care hehe) about modding, I just need a decent case to hold all my **** together
I'm building this computer from the ground up, and haven't ordered any parts yet: everything I'm putting into it is in my system specs.

I want a quiet, decently large (big enough to fit all my components in of course) case that will run cool. It doesn't need to be particularly cool looking, although a bit of flair would be nice
I guess I don't need one with a power supply because I'm buying that seperately.

Any input you guys have on what a solid all-around case is would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pete.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelirrojo

Hey guys, I don't really know anything (or care hehe) about modding, I just need a decent case to hold all my **** together
I'm building this computer from the ground up, and haven't ordered any parts yet: everything I'm putting into it is in my system specs.

I want a quiet, decently large (big enough to fit all my components in of course) case that will run cool. It doesn't need to be particularly cool looking, although a bit of flair would be nice
I guess I don't need one with a power supply because I'm buying that seperately.

Any input you guys have on what a solid all-around case is would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pete.

I recommend this one and it can be found in steel for even cheaper. It can also be found in about every color known to man. (glossy also) It has removeable hard drive cage, removeable 3.5" cage, screwless 5.5" bay insertion, tons of room and great airflow. (2 front intake,1 side intake, 2 exhaust)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811125444

Btw, any chance you can squeeze a $105 X-Fi in that build instead of the Abit? You won't be sorry =)

·
Registered
604 Posts
You should check out some bTX cases... They flip the side of the case the motherboard is on so the CPU is taking the cool air from the bottom of the case and it naturally rises to the top where it goes out the exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.