Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cRaZyGam3r
View Post

I jst oced my Xeon X3320 to [email protected] stock Vcore..
When i wan to further oc tis cpu til 3.0ghz,my pc appear BSOD when loading windows..So wat shld i do now?

Since you are running a quad core, it puts more stress on the NB. So increase the NB voltage to 1.35v (1.25v is stock). That should be enough for a 400 FSB. Also try increasing your vcore slightly. Set your FSB voltage (VTT) to 1.32v. Then work your way up from there.

BTW, here is an article on OCing your Xeon X3320 at the Tech Report:
http://techreport.com/articles.x/14555

Here are the Intel Specs (I would use 1.3625v as the max vcore):
http://processorfinder.intel.com/Det...px?sSpec=SLB69

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

View Post

what is the max NB voltage for striker II formula mobo?

Let me ammend my previous post, the Asus Striker II Formula (780i) will need more like 1.35v to the NB. For some reason, I thought you had the ASUS Formula II which is a P45 chipset...

The max I would recommend for the 780i chipset is 1.5v. 1.35v to the NB should be enough for the a 400 FSB.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so u mean i jst hv to adjst the vNB to 1.26 if i wan to push until 400FSB,how bout Vdimm?i using stock which is 1.8..anything else nid to adjst except the vNB?
1 more question..My psu enuf juice to oc until 3.0 onot?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Upping the voltages on your vdimms will not help you overclock your cpu. Ericeod recommended up the vCore to 1.5 and your NB to 1.3v. This should allow you to attain the oc your looking for. Run stress tests and check temps, etc.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyFox
View Post

Upping the voltages on your vdimms will not help you overclock your cpu. Ericeod recommended up the vCore to 1.5 and your NB to 1.3v. This should allow you to attain the oc your looking for. Run stress tests and check temps, etc.

I ammeded my first post about the NB voltage. I adjusted it for the 780i NB. I did not recommend 1.5v vcore, that is going to kill a 45nm CPU. Do not go over 1.3625v vcore to the CPU. The 1.5v is for the 780i NB max voltage. I recommend 1.35v to the NB for a 400 FSB OC with a quad core.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is NVIDIA's overclocker's guide. This manual is a must read!
NVIDIA 780i/680i Overclocker's Guide, revised May 2008

Note that this guide is for the reference NVIDIA design which ASUS doesnt follow. So the terms are different. To clarify, SPP is the northbridge and the MCP is the southbridge...

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SlyFox
View Post

NO, vCore at 1.5v will kill his chip, he said not to go past 1.5 for the NB, his chip is a 45nm and can be damaged after 1.4v!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Oops just got my numbers switched around thanks... 1.5v to core is suicide on 45nm

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had jst tried to oc my cpu to 3.0..but it boot failed..
i set my vCore to 1.175,NB 1.36,but it show me system boot failed in POST.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I had jst tried to oc my cpu to 3.0..but it boot failed..
i set my vCore to 1.175,NB 1.36,but it show me system boot failed in POST.

You are not giving the CPU enough vcore! Set it to 1.3v vcore.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
str8 jump from 1.168 to 1.3?will tis burn my Xeon 1??
I saw got pple oc tis xeon until 3.3GHZ but his vCore oni 1.175?How come like tis 1?

[PS:Im newbie to oc..thx for ur patient to teaching n explaining to me~
]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I jst continue oc my Xeon since very busy last few days...

I had just try to set my Vcore to 1.30,VNB to 1.36 and CPU VTT to 1.32
as ericeod mentioned.But its still cant boot,and my comp kip restarting after POST.Anything i set wrongly?

Once again thx for u all helpful infomation.

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Are you setting your ram to the lowest divider? Set it to run as close to 800 as possible. Also, set your trasaction Booster to 8 and your AI Clock twister to light. Thats the only thing I can think of to try next.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im using the 5:6 divider which linked with FSB default are 1333:800.
What is tansaction booster and AI clock twister?I didn see this 2 option in bios?

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cRaZyGam3r View Post
im using the 5:6 divider which linked with FSB default are 1333:800.
What is tansaction booster and AI clock twister?I didn see this 2 option in bios?
Damn, I did it again. Yeah you are right, you have the ASUS Striker II Formula, and not the ASUS Formula II.... Tour 780i board doesnt have those options so I am sorry for bringing them up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha,its fine..
Dude,ytd i try to oc to 3.0 again..if successful boot into windows,but after few mins my pc hang there..after restart if cant boot into windows anymore and kip restart after POST again..Sigh..how come like tis 1?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts