Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just read a post saying that the K8V motherboard has no PCI/AGP lock or something like that and that I shouldn't clock more than 220 for FSB. I have mine at 224 right now, and was researching how I should up my voltage to OC more. Is this safe, or will I damage something by going over 220.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

i just read a post saying that the K8V motherboard has no PCI/AGP lock or something like that and that I shouldn't clock more than 220 for FSB. I have mine at 224 right now, and was researching how I should up my voltage to OC more. Is this safe, or will I damage something by going over 220.

That would be my fault. I was and I still am under the impression that there is no lock...but since you are passed that FSB, you should be fine.

Of course you can up your voltage, as long as your cooling can handle it.

I guess my limitation is my ram at the moment...but I'm not going to buy ram for the K8V...I'd rather update the mobo...

What do you super-pi with that overclock?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can put your FSB up to 280 Mhz if you want... but with no APG/PCI clock your HD and your cards connected to PCI/AGP may crash.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier1421

That would be my fault. I was and I still am under the impression that there is no lock...but since you are passed that FSB, you should be fine.

Of course you can up your voltage, as long as your cooling can handle it.

I guess my limitation is my ram at the moment...but I'm not going to buy ram for the K8V...I'd rather update the mobo...

What do you super-pi with that overclock?

Need site to DL super pi from, then I will post results sometime soon. My cooling is pretty good, so I'm gonna try to OC more, though I think I'm maxxed out with my Ram also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
VIA Supposedly integrated a PCI bus lock in there socket754 chipsets. I'd contact your mobo manufacturer for more info, No sense in wasting a hard drive finding out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts