1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Cuddly as a Cactus
2,121 Posts
You don't...I'm in a similar position while I wait for my GTX 580 to arrive

·
Straight Outta Commadore
2,728 Posts
I keep an old 1600XT card for that reason. Which I have a ton of GPU's, so not like I would run into that problem anyway. Just hate to take them out of my other running rigs that they are housed in. Cheap spare is the way to go though, yeah.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just that my 2500k integrated graphics beats most low end dedicated GPUs even the 5450 even i'm not mistaken. Just sad I can't be able to use it if I have no GPU at one moment.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
When you are at it a while you end up with so many graphic cards laying around the problem is what to do with all of them, not needing another. My point is,get some spare parts.Perhaps a complete spare PC.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should really find myself a backup
, I sold a GTX 460 in the past month, and gave away a 9800 GTX from my old build to a friend. How'd you feel if I gave something for free and then ask to have it back lol?
that 9800GTX was a good friend of me for 3 years, I could stick it back into my secondary PC again.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RuneDunes
View Post

I should really find myself a backup
, I sold a GTX 460 in the past month, and gave away a 9800 GTX from my old build to a friend. How'd you feel if I gave something for free and then ask to have it back lol?
that 9800GTX was a good friend of me for 3 years, I could stick it back into my secondary PC again.

So is your GPU dead right now or this is just a what-if post? If you're waitin on an RMA I'd be taking that card back asap haha

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,706 Posts
i have a pair of 8600GTS's that i use for backup

old school sli ftw

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by infodump;14202627
So is your GPU dead right now or this is just a what-if post? If you're waitin on an RMA I'd be taking that card back asap haha
A what if post, yeah i'm totally getting that card back, it belongs back into my old PC.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I've got an x800xl backup.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Go to newegg and sort the video cards by price. There is a huge selection of simple video cards from $30 to $35.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,228 Posts
Called having a backup. One of the pros of having dual graphics cards, xfire/SLI, physx, or just a spare laying around.

I have PCI 6200LE laying around for testing purposes.

Use to have an X300 laying around but I killed it D:

·
god loves ugly
4,265 Posts
I have two old GPUs sitting around just for that occasion. An ATI x600 XT and a 1950XTX, two cards just in case one of those die somehow as well
tongue.gif

·
Registered
215 Posts
some stores have a 30-day no hassle return. I heard someone here on OCN was RMAing their hd5850 and bought a 6870 and, used it in the meantime, from best buy. Then when the 5850 came back he returned the 6870 no problem
tongue.gif

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.