Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just cleaned my waterblock with isopropyl alcohol and some water. Then I let it dry and now it looks like this:

I cannot get it away, I tried everything! Do i have to buy a new one now ?
frown.gif

Thanks

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
i dont think its ruined. It will still likely perform with no drawbacks or problems... its just ugly as sin now thats all.

*notes to self,* : do not clean with isopropyl.... check

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it was the alcohol that did the damage, I accidentally left my teabag (I used to clean it) on it while drying, when i took it off, those stains appeared.
the base is still flat, but when I glide my nail over the it I can feel that the stained area is rougher.

Anyway, I ordered a new one
tongue.gif
don't think i could live with the feeling of a stained base on my cpu.

I can still cancel it though, if someone with a lot of knowledge of this stuff can convince me...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly94 View Post

I don't think it was the alcohol that did the damage, I accidentally left my teabag (I used to clean it) on it while drying, when i took it off, those stains appeared.
Anyway, I ordered a new one
tongue.gif
don't think i could live with the feeling of a stained base on my cpu.

I can still cancel it though, if someone with a lot of knowledge of this stuff can convince me...
\

i personaly would have tested and benchmarked it against your pre stain temps... but im not blindly wasteful with my money cause i dont have much to spare
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Wait, you used a tea bag to clean your water block?

My suggestion would be to put it in hot water, let it soak and use a cleaning sponge on it , if that doesn't take it off, use a high grit sand paper (800 - 1000 grit) on it

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleg33k85 View Post

use a high grit sand paper (800 - 1000 grit) on it
this

·
Pro lamer
2,109 Posts
Buy a new block only because of a stain? Genius...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always thought the base of a block was the essential part and that it should be free from anything. Im going to try some of your suggestions. stupid me.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
CLR. Try that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts