Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads.

I got myself a fancy 1055t that I've been using for years @ 3.793ghz (271 x 14.00x, 1.45v). Just yesterday I was playing a huge Civ game, and I was suprised at the slow performance I was getting; turns out that it has been running at default settings for about a year when I got some new RAM :O

However, I CANNOT reach 4ghz. I tried everything; increasing the CPU voltage all the way up to 1.525v. The only voltages that I changed are the CPU voltage and DRAM (1.45v and 1.5V respective). Everything else is on default (I know, I'm a filthy casual
frown.gif
)

Also, Core temp reports 62 C at full load. Should I um........ turn it down?
ph34r-smiley.gif

·
Registered
5,445 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried increasing the CPU-NB frequency to ~3600mhz, voltage up to 1.3v. Still crashed on launch.

These are settings that I had the last time I did a 12h stress test with no errors

EDIT: Should I just set CPU-NB Frequency to 3600 and call it a day?.

·
Premium Member
10,167 Posts
I'd say you need better cooling to hit 4 ghz with an X6 .

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssorkinman View Post

I'd say you need better cooling to hit 4 ghz with an X6 .
Yeah i forgot to ask, what are you using to cool and do you have any vrm cooling?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Yeah i forgot to ask, what are you using to cool and do you have any vrm cooling?
I actually have a Hyper 212, but only 2 of the screws could go in. I mean, it's pretty flush on my CPU but I can physically rotate it.

32 C idle, 58 load.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackcy View Post

I actually have a Hyper 212, but only 2 of the screws could go in. I mean, it's pretty flush on my CPU but I can physically rotate it.

32 C idle, 58 load.
Good temps all things considered. I would still find a way to get this 2 screw's fastened. And regarding the rotating yeah that's an unfortunate feature of the 212.

See if you can get small fan to blow directly on the vrm area.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Good temps all things considered. I would still find a way to get this 2 screw's fastened. And regarding the rotating yeah that's an unfortunate feature of the 212.

See if you can get small fan to blow directly on the vrm area.
It's going south--> North to a 200mm exhaust fan @ the top, and a smaller exhaust at the back. Plus it doesn't look so bad!

See
tongue.gif
!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts