Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for comparisons of the temp differences of different water blocks including the H50. I need to justify in my mind that the upgrade to a water loop is worth the $300 I have planned to spend.

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by l4n b0y
View Post

I approve of your avatar.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Who's it gonna be!?

Anyone else has any charts I would be most appreciative. Need Data for justification!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I personally find it pretty difficult to make a comparison of the H50 to different CPU blocks. The CPU temps that would be measured in review are also heavily dependent on the radiator and reasonably dependent on the pump.

You could compare blocks connected to a pump and rad that are similar to the H50, but that's still kind of obtuse, because in custom loops hardly anyone would ever use a rad and a pump fit for an H50, since they have the ability to choose others that are bigger and better by far.

So then if you compare the H50 to a typical WC loop (and "typical" is by no means easily defined) then you're comparing apples and oranges, because the CPU temps will be reflecting differences in more than the CPU block.

I mean, I know you're trying to justify, but making this comparison seems to be impossible or irrelevant in my mind, however it is done.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sivyr
View Post

I personally find it pretty difficult to make a comparison of the H50 to different CPU blocks. The CPU temps that would be measured in review are also heavily dependent on the radiator and reasonably dependent on the pump.

You could compare blocks connected to a pump and rad that are similar to the H50, but that's still kind of obtuse, because in custom loops hardly anyone would ever use a rad and a pump fit for an H50, since they have the ability to choose others that are bigger and better by far.

So then if you compare the H50 to a typical WC loop (and "typical" is by no means easily defined) then you're comparing apples and oranges, because the CPU temps will be reflecting differences in more than the CPU block.

I mean, I know you're trying to justify, but making this comparison seems to be impossible or irrelevant in my mind, however it is done.

I actually agree with you to a point. I mean it's kinda like trying to find the answer to an equation with no numbers.. I get it.. maybe someone might be able to help if I post my planned setup and give me an idea what to expect as far as temps are concerned with it.

Here is what I have so far... and I am just looking for opinions, on how much if any (I am sure it will) this will outperform an H50. My goal is to get my Q9550 to 4ghz on either the board I am using or I just recently picked up a P5Q pro. I can get it to 3.4 stable on this board with the H50 on stock voltages and the H50 will run it at an impressive 35 idle and around 50 load.

EK Supreme - http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...0e03fcd99e1bd7

Koolance Single Pass 360 - http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=25441

Swiftech MCP655- B - http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...b32bc3fcfd2927

Bitspower 150 ML Res - http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...fe785fa463479c

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm not sure what the price difference is between it and the old EK Supreme, but you might want to consider the EK Supreme HF if you haven't ordered your stuff yet. It recently took the crown as king water block from the Apogee XT in a Skinnee Labs review by Vapor.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea I believe that you are the one who recommended me the EK over the Apogee XT. This block to my understanding is the same as the EK supreme just with an acrylic red top on it (for looks). I am just trying to do the whole black and red theme...

This block is actually cheaper then the supreme and cheaper then the XT by about $10.

·
Registered
373 Posts
What I'm trying to say is that the EK Supreme and the EK Supreme HF aren't the same block. They're very different designs and they do not perform similarly. The HF has been revised considerably since the introduction of the EK Supreme over 3 years ago and is probably much, much better, although I have yet to see them directly compared.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts