Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone played Fallout, and Fallout 2? if so, are they good, are they worth playing even though they're so old?

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
I played Fallout, but not Fallout 2. Definitely RPG classics, and worth playing if the dated engine (VERY dated engine!) does not turn you off. I personally lean more towards the fantasy genre, so I preferred Baldur's Gate; but Fallout is very much in the same old-school style as BG, but with a post-apocolyptic sci-fi setting.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Fallout 2 was 1000's of times better number 1 and yes they r still very cool if you like that kind of game. personally i have a copy of fallout2 sitting on my desk cd rack right now(granted it has a layer of dust but its still cool)

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool my cousin gave me a bunch of his old games, and most of em are old rpgs ( he actually has a cd with the original pool of radiance on it bundled with other stuff like eye of the beholder) I've got both of the bg games (2 copies now) fallout...which doesn't get along with xp, fallout 2, icewind dale, icewind dale 2, arcanum, a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yes there are 3 titles to this series fallout 1 and 2 and there is also fallout tatics which I think is the best of the three and fallout tatics works on the xp very well unlike the other two

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fallout 2 works good with xp, fallout1 goes black except for where the mouse is...and you move your mouse to uncover what's under the black

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Have you tried running it under the DosBox x86 emulator? That often solves compatibility problems between modern Windows versions and very old games.

Fallout Tactics is not anything like the previous two games from what I have read. I.e., it's not an RPG. General opinion holds that it is not as good as the RPGs, bigdogcush may be the first person I have seen saying the opposite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts