Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my motherboard in my rig is pooched. It still works, mostly, but I get errors all the time and I know its the problem. The problem here is that I cant go without my computer for the month that I know the RMA will take (I'm fairly sure Asus wont send me the new motherboard til they get the old one). My solution was to send the board in for RMA, and simply buy another one, then when I get my old board back, I say, oh I dont like this motherboard, and send it back. Only problem is I'm not sure which Canadian stores I can do this with. I was thinking Futureshop/Best Buy but are there any other options?

*EDIT*
Just found out I can't do it with Futureshop/Best Buy. It would have to be un-opened, in box.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Amazon has a really good 30 day return policy! Haha not sure about electronics! But I'm pretty sure they are lenient on returns and will even give you a shipping label
smile.gif

Hhaha you sly guy!

And I THINK amazon does free shipping for orders over $35

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Asus can do an exchange where they send you a new board and charge you card and you return the old one on certain mobo's You'll be charged full amount only if you don't send back old board

• Rep+
Reactions: ADHDadditiv

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggiddi View Post

Asus can do an exchange where they send you a new board and charge you card and you return the old one on certain mobo's You'll be charged full amount only if you don't send back old board
o_O
Maybe I'll give them a call a little later about that.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There's entire threads about asus having WONDERFUL RMA service (sarcasm) haha so you may have to take some of those guys with a grain of salt, but just look up the thread for asus RMA here on OCN and see how the process goes for most of them!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Here's amazons return policy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201077750

Here's the fine print for free shipping for orders over $35
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/help/id=sss

In summary you should be able to return it, and get free shipping both ways. Or at least one way
smile.gif
But you have to make sure it's purchased through amazon, not a 3rd party seller on the website! Just look, it'll say who the seller is. And under shipping options if it's from them and over $35 there should be a "free shipping" option.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Contact the seller and tell them you have a DOA motherboard, but need a replacement immediately. Tell them you're willing to pay the price of a new one for them to ship right out so long as they refund you when you send in yours for RMA. I've done it and there's really little reason for them to deny the request.

Edit: Nevermind I missed that you would be sending it in to ASUS, not the seller. Given ASUS has sort of a bad rep with customer service, you can forget about the above suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts