Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i got my water cooling bits today.

After being totally taken back by all of the screws, barbs and other bits i got to work.

Rather than setting the system up outside of my case i set it up inside my case, and removed everything else from there while i leak tested.

After a few ****-ups and several hours of drilling holes in my case and ripping bits out, i finally managed to get it all in there.

Unfortunatly my fans for the radiator didnt turn up which was a bit of a pain!! However....

My overclocked Prescott is actually running 20oC lower than what it was with the xp-90!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! - and this is without any fans on the radiator!!!

I love watercooling xxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Wow, those are some fantastic results. I didn't expect temps to be that much lower, thats kinda surprising. Now just get those fans on there and push that cpu to it's max!!!!

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

so whats your setup???did you get the gpu block

happy ocing and get some benchmarks done

Setup is:
Hydor L30
Dual Heatercore (no fans at moment)
Danger Den TDX CPU Block
1/2" Tubing
5 1/4" Danger Den Resevouir

No GPU/Chipset block as yet...maybe soon if i get limited by those factors.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Wow, those are some fantastic results. I didn't expect temps to be that much lower, thats kinda surprising. Now just get those fans on there and push that cpu to it's max!!!!

Yeah fans should be coming today. I was over the moon about 30oC on a 4ghz overclock!!!

By the way, is the default LGA775 Prescott voltage 1.4v?

Also should the resevour be filled right to the top?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Yeah fans should be coming today. I was over the moon about 30oC on a 4ghz overclock!!!

By the way, is the default LGA775 Prescott voltage 1.4v?

Also should the resevour be filled right to the top?

A new challenger for highest O/C.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

A new challenger for highest O/C.

I'm coming for ya

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
im still higher then all ya alls lol. with the reservoir, do u mean after waters already in the system, or after its full? either way u wanna keep it pretty full.
the stock voltage is 1.4. those are really low temp, is your room like really cold? i have watercooling and i have a fridge cooling the water, and i dont even get that....i get 32 idle, 45 load....but i guess what can u expect of a TT aquarious 2...lol but its paying off so im happy

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

im still higher then all ya alls lol. with the reservoir, do u mean after waters already in the system, or after its full? either way u wanna keep it pretty full.
the stock voltage is 1.4. those are really low temp, is your room like really cold? i have watercooling and i have a fridge cooling the water, and i dont even get that....i get 32 idle, 45 load....but i guess what can u expect of a TT aquarious 2...lol but its paying off so im happy

Don't you worry. I was getting 4.1ghz on air, so i'm gonna try pushing further tonight. I think my ram is going to be the limiting factor as the fsb is getting awfully high now

Yeah, my system is totally full, but there is about a 1cm gap at the top of my resevoir that is not filled - should i get it right to the top? I was worried about pressure and stuff like that?!?!?!

My room is normally around 28oc.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah im worried about ram to....running at 1:1 my ram is running at 600mhz, and its onll 533...but the timings are still the same so im happy. and tell me if u can get to 300fsb....cuz if u can ill shoot myself lol

and i dont think u need to worry about pressure...all the water does is dump into the reservior and then get pulled back by pump...so 1 cm is fine.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

yeah im worried about ram to....running at 1:1 my ram is running at 600mhz, and its onll 533...but the timings are still the same so im happy. and tell me if u can get to 300fsb....cuz if u can ill shoot myself lol

and i dont think u need to worry about pressure...all the water does is dump into the reservior and then get pulled back by pump...so 1 cm is fine.

...If i can get 300fsb i'll shoot myself too. Its on 280 at the moment...but i doubt i'll squeeze that extra 20 out of it

I'm glad the reservoir is ok..when i first installed it all, i didnt put enough in, and the mixture of air and coolant going through the pump kinda caused a bit of a bubble bath!!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
lol i got that alot too. give your cpu a nice bubblebath and he'll thank u for it! im at 300fsb....but if i go any higher my psu crapps out. ordered new one...im thinking 310 r more as long as memory still lives. i bet ull be able to get to 290....

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

lol i got that alot too. give your cpu a nice bubblebath and he'll thank u for it! im at 300fsb....but if i go any higher my psu crapps out. ordered new one...im thinking 310 r more as long as memory still lives. i bet ull be able to get to 290....

Yeah. i'm gonna give it a go in a little while. We have both got the same chip, so there shouldnt be any reason why i can't take it higher. Might need to start using the mem dividers tho

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Yeah. i'm gonna give it a go in a little while. We have both got the same chip, so there shouldnt be any reason why i can't take it higher. Might need to start using the mem dividers tho

ouch....can u say bandwith killer?! but i wonder if we can go to the same speeds...not all chips are the same...some are supierior to others.....**cough**mine**cough,cough*
lol j/k..hope u can get there too...ill just go higher

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

ouch....can u say bandwith killer?! but i wonder if we can go to the same speeds...not all chips are the same...some are supierior to others.....**cough**mine**cough,cough*
lol j/k..hope u can get there too...ill just go higher

What's your chips sSpec? I picked mine especially off ebay, as it was one of a very few that i could find that would go up to 4.1ghz on air.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

What's your chips sSpec? I picked mine especially off ebay, as it was one of a very few that i could find that would go up to 4.1ghz on air.

i just got it from newegg, and corse its D0 stepping. wassnt special or anything

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

i just got it from newegg, and corse its D0 stepping. wassnt special or anything

Ahh...i'm not sure if there is any way to find out the sSpec without looking at the actual processor. Nevermind.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Ahh...i'm not sure if there is any way to find out the sSpec without looking at the actual processor. Nevermind.

...wait...is that the like serial number, or does it actaully say sSpec....i think i have that in everest...and isnt it in cpu-z?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

...wait...is that the like serial number, or does it actaully say sSpec....i think i have that in everest...and isnt it in cpu-z?

It should be something like SLK7E

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
damn i wish i was at home so i could check to see that....im not gunna be able to see that for a couple days.
...but i think ive seen that before

1 - 20 of 42 Posts