Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old ass klipsch 4.1 V-2 system is giving me fits, i am going to take them apart and see if i can figure out the problem some day.

i need something with surround sound for gaming and really decent quality for lossless music playback.

a subwoofer is need as well.

using the onboard sound from my asus X79deluxe mobo Realtek® ALC1150 chip.

not sure on a budget but maybe like $300 max or so ? ?

i have seen some swan speakers mentioned, but not sure what models ?

suggestions are welcome please, or should i go to some kind of headphgone solution ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Lossless? With Klipsch Promedias? What's the point?

Honestly, it's all crap out there. Every PC speaker set on the market is garbage. There are some exceptions, but in the case of 5.1/7.1 systems, yes, it's all garbage. Do yourself a favor and get a decent 2.1 setup or if you want to spend the big bucks you could throw a five channel system together with something like JBL LSR 305's which sound freakin awesome and are sold individually. They are big though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayside500 View Post

my old ass klipsch 4.1 V-2 system is giving me fits, i am going to take them apart and see if i can figure out the problem some day.

i need something with surround sound for gaming and really decent quality for lossless music playback.

a subwoofer is need as well.

using the onboard sound from my asus X79deluxe mobo Realtek® ALC1150 chip.

not sure on a budget but maybe like $300 max or so ? ?

i have seen some swan speakers mentioned, but not sure what models ?

suggestions are welcome please, or should i go to some kind of headphgone solution ?
With a budget of 300 dollars, just get yourself a pair of JBL LSR305's for like 250ish and be happy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well ****, replaced that cap and it does the same high pitched squeal, i guess i have to start checking resistors ?

i saw nothing else that looked suspect to my untrained eyes anyways.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Why rescue these speakers at all? First gen promedias don't sound good. You're better off with LSR 305's...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersprinkles View Post

Why rescue these speakers at all? First gen promedias don't sound good. You're better off with LSR 305's...
been looking at those JBLs they seem really good for the money, i am confused on how to hook up to my PC though ?

do i just get a single 1/8" headphone jack to dual 1/4" cable, or do i get 2 single cables and plug into 2 ports on mobo ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
do i just get a single 1/8" headphone jack to dual 1/4" cable

^this

Ideally you would use a quality USB DAC with them but a soundcard will do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts