Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a new game...
Getting bored of shooters Like BC2 and MW2
Maybe I need some MMO love, I tried playing my WoW account but just count bare to play more then 30-40 minutes.
I need something new/fresh or maybe just a good game with a good storyline/plot that draws you in.

I'm a pretty avid gamer, so If you can find a game that I havent played and that keeps me playing for more then 30 minutes there might be a small reward or at least some rep+

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
DiRT 2 is a goody, and you've got the hardware for it. It's quite fun. If you do get it, I'd recommend changing the controls from the arrow keys to the WASD setup.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Il list a few games That I really enjoyed and got my full play out of:

FPS:
Day of Defeat: Source
Team Fortress 2
Far Cry 2
Crysis (surprisingly for the gameplay and not the graphics!)

RPG:
Mount and Blade
Oblivion

MMO's:
Pirates of the Burning Sea
WoW
Warhammer Online

RTS:
Starcraft
Company of Heroes
Dawn of War II

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Own dirt 2, haven't finished it yet but it got repetitive and the keyboard was a cruel mistress to try and play it on. Plants vs Zombies is epic, downloaded it for iPhone so I can play it while I'm on the bus to my CCNA class
Reminds me of the TD games on WC3

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Might have to try Star Trek Online, but ATM I have no cash for that :/
"Purchasing" Metro 2033 >.<
It took me about 30 seconds to rage from that game pvp309 lol

·
Registered
791 Posts
Batman: Arkham Asylum, I P/U it on sale for $25, was surprised by how good it was. Very polished and great voice acting(H Quinn is sexy too BTW
).

Batman: Arkham Asylum Steam Page

Civ:4 is also good if you ever played the older civs.

Civ4 Complete Package

You could also try League of Legends(its free) if you have never played a MOBA(E.g. DoTA).

League Of Legends Main Website

If your really oldschool, you could try to beat the X-Com series(can buy them on steam dirt cheap). Also worth mentioning is Adom, an old rouge text based game.

X-Com Steam Page
Adom Download

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok someone might be able to work a miracle here, whats a game like Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced but for the PC ? That is if that even exists..

·
Registered
791 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by swat565
View Post

Ok someone might be able to work a miracle here, whats a game like Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced but for the PC ? That is if that even exists..

UFO: Afterlife

Not exactly the same but it is a turn based strategy game(and its only $10). If you like this game you will like the X-Com games as well.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far League of Legends and Metro 2033 are on my list, we shall see if they are worthy. So far you guys have brought up some good titles, keep em coming if you can think of more!

·
Registered
671 Posts
try out arma 2 with ace mod
, after i installed ace mod, i havent touched bad copmany 2 in about a week.....lol bored of it arleady not worth 50 bucks.....

and like another person said, batman arkham asylum is awsome

·
Registered
421 Posts
I too was playing too many FPS's with COD4 , MW2 , BC2, etc.

I played Mass Effect 2, and I have to say that it was a very refreshing break. Great Story line, which kept me completely hooked to the end. I am actually considering getting ME1 now to learn the full story line.

Currently playing Dragon Age Origins, which is Good, but not as good as Mass Effect.

Someone else mentioned Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is also an excellent game, however I would only play it with the xbox 360 controller, as it was not a good interface with a keyboard & mouse.

Happy Gaming.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts