Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am getting bored with the games I have now and need a recommendation. I generally like FPS, but not the tournament style(Unreal, etc.) The games I have been playing recently are: Jedi Academy(best game ever), COD, Splinter Cell(both games), Doom 3, and Battlefront. Any suggestions? I would like a game that has really good graphics, as my system can handle it
Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
half life 2 is in 2 days, BF vietnam, medal of honor passific assult...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Deus Ex Invisible War
Unreal II: The Awakening
All the Battlefield games were great
FarCry Demo has been fun, haven't tried the full game yet though, but may as well give the 6800ultra a run for its money DirectX 9.0c

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

AvP2 is fun as heck. Just thought I would add that.

AvP2 is pretty old and isn't much to look at, but is very action packed and will make you jump a few times in you play at night with surround sound. It was an extremely fun game though, very fast paced for a story driven FPS

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ I didn't like Halo. Too X-boxy for me. What is AvP2? I played through the first two levels of Unreal 2 then quit and never played again. Boring. Dues Ex? Hmm, will have to look that up, heard a little about it. Of course HL2 is coming out, but I want as many cools games as I can get
Havent really played FarCry, I will do that now.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

^^ I didn't like Halo. Too X-boxy for me. What is AvP2? I played through the first two levels of Unreal 2 then quit and never played again. Boring. Dues Ex? Hmm, will have to look that up, heard a little about it. Of course HL2 is coming out, but I want as many cools games as I can get

FARCRY is a great choice. It will become your fav.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Quote:

Make sure you get patch 1.3 for FarCry as this will improve your FPS and enable SM3.0 (better graphics).

AvP2 is Aliens vs Predator 2. Its a few years old but its great fun
Its got a jump factor...

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus

Make sure you get patch 1.3 for FarCry as this will improve your FPS and enable SM3.0 (better graphics).

AvP2 is Aliens vs Predator 2. Its a few years old but its great fun
Its got a jump factor...

I am downloading the FarCry demo right now, all 500mb. I think it is v1.3. AvP2-Ok, will check that out, thanks guys and keep em coming!

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like I can't play the FarCry demo. When I try to install, it says cannot find path..C drive, or something like that. Looks like your boot drive has to be labeled as "C" in order for it to install. My main drive is the G drive.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote:

Hey guys, I am getting bored with the games I have now and need a recommendation. I generally like FPS, but not the tournament style(Unreal, etc.) The games I have been playing recently are: Jedi Academy(best game ever), COD, Splinter Cell(both games), Doom 3, and Battlefront. Any suggestions? I would like a game that has really good graphics, as my system can handle it
Any suggestions? Thanks.

in addition to all those suggestions...i would add(sorry if i repeat a game mentioned before..doing this off memory):

Tribes - Vengeance (awesome game + unrivaled story line, my #1 recommendation)
Warcraft 3 (graphics are pretty good, game play is A+)
Thief 3 (I personally don't like stealthy games but good game nevertheless)
Rome: Total War (my friend has this...great strategy game, something to satisfy your craving for power
)

best of luck to your game hunt...

·
Registered
698 Posts
The best part about Alien Vs Predator 2, is that you can get it for 9.99 at Best Buy I believe

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom7723

in addition to all those suggestions...i would add(sorry if i repeat a game mentioned before..doing this off memory):

Tribes - Vengeance (awesome game + unrivaled story line, my #1 recommendation)
Warcraft 3 (graphics are pretty good, game play is A+)
Thief 3 (I personally don't like stealthy games but good game nevertheless)
Rome: Total War (my friend has this...great strategy game, something to satisfy your craving for power
)

best of luck to your game hunt...

I never could get into Tribes Vengeance SP, but the Multiplayer is UNMATCHED!

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
What about Evil Genius? Its not a FPS, but its fun! Your an Evil Genius and you have to take over the world! You get Evil Minions and everything! lol

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Since you seem to like Jedi Academy so much, you should obviously play Jedi Academy 2. Or did you already play that one as well?

Someone suggested Deus Ex Invisible War. While it was okay, I recommend the first Deus Ex instead (or at least first). It is older and obviously not as graphically pretty, but it is a better game.

If older games don't bother you, also check out System Shock 2. One of my all time favorites.

I agree with the AvP2 recommendations, that game was great. Especially playing as a marine, it felt very much like being in the movie. Things got kind of boring about halfway through the Alien missions however, and I was not a big fan of the Predator missions at all. I guess I just like being the space marine.

I don't get the appeal of FarCry. I tried it for a while and found it to be annoying. I expected a FPS and instead found myself playing a stealth game. I hate stealth games. I guess it's a good game for people that like both FPS and Thief games, but it was not for me. I prefer full-on shooters. (The voice acting was simply atrocious also, so bad I was grimacing.)

If you haven't played the Grand Theft Auto games, I would make that your top priority. Both GTA3 and Vice City are available for PC. Absolutely fantastic games. I'm playing GTA San Andreas on my PS2 now, and it's the best of the bunch.

I'm also currently playing Baldur's Gate (the original PC game from 1998!), Halo (original, on Xbox), Burnout 3 (Xbox), and I just installed Star Trek Elite Force 2 (PC). The last one is the only PC shooter, but I haven't played it yet so I can't offer an opinion. It got mediocre reviews, but I'm a Star Trek geek. And of course, I will be playing Half-Life 2 when it is available.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts