Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... my build PC from 2 years ago was killed by my Corsair PSU... and I lost everything on it...

Since I'll be moving up to the US on august... I have just setup this temporary RIG recycling what still works from my other system.

I only lack a graphics card.... my previous 4850 artifacted to death (even in BIOS, I posted a thread here but got no help, and quite frankly I don't have much time left until March 30th)

I need a good GPU that will play me everything... I'd play on a 22" @ 1680x1050... I would like it if it is able to play everything at high (I have only been able to play pc games on a Core2duo laptop with a nvidia 8400m card, so I am tired of low standards).

This rig will end up on my parents hands when I leave, so I would like to have a card that won't cost me much (if it is under $100 and does its job well even better.. but $150 is the max budget available).

It's all up to you guys. Help me make a choice.. and please say why (I like reasons not fanboys)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turdle
View Post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-317-_-Product

5770, Best card for $150 I think?

I've read that it tends to artifact... is it true ? (believe me, I was crushed when I saw my 4850 fail
)

I might seem picky or whatever.. it's just that I rarely get a chance to get something brought to me from the US (in this case I will make sure I get my GPU.. and a working one as well :) )

I'll rep you just for replying and giving your 2 cents.. I've posted several previous post , in which I've only gotten dust and moths as replies.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ablearcher
View Post

He's in Venezuela?

Good point....
How exactly are you getting this, OP?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by awaizy
View Post

Good point....
How exactly are you getting this, OP?

I am living in Venezuela.. but for College I'll be moving up in August.. I said it in a confusing manner

Ehm, I will buy it, either on newegg or amazon... Amazon because it accepts international credit cards (but if certainly not possible for me.. I guess I'll have to go with the egg)... And then get it sent to my aunt's house in Miami.

That's why I said ASAP, because she's coming here next Tuesday.. and If possible I'd like for the card to be on her hands by Friday or Saturday.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tupamaro16
View Post

I've read that it tends to artifact... is it true ? (believe me, I was crushed when I saw my 4850 fail
)

I might seem picky or whatever.. it's just that I rarely get a chance to get something brought to me from the US (in this case I will make sure I get my GPU.. and a working one as well :) )

I'll rep you just for replying and giving your 2 cents.. I've posted several previous post , in which I've only gotten dust and moths as replies.

No problem! You might want to consider this too. It's not nearly as good as the 5770 but it get's the job done.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-339-_-Product

·
Registered
508 Posts
Might be worth checking out a 9600gt, they're pretty cheap now. I can play BC2 at your res and medium detail at a good frame rate.

·
Overclocker
867 Posts
Your old 4850 might of been artifacting because of the failing power supply so i wouldnt take that into account. I would go with the 5770 its about the best for the price

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
I second the 9800GTX+/GTS250.

those are very fast cards for the price, and if you find one on sale, they are about $100.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
The HD5770, the HD 5 series doesn't artifact per say. It uses memory similar to ECC to prevent that, but overclocking it high will have diminishing returns.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts