Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I need a program that searches like a couple websites for a video title (YouTube, Rumble, etc) and returns the top 5 results from each site. Once it’s returned the results, the user can select the preferred video and the video would then play. Optimally it would use the websites’ already built in search bars. It doesn’t need video comments or anything like that, I’m only looking for the video itself to be able to be streamed through the website. I looked into different crawlers but they don’t seem to be exactly what I’m looking for. Is this possible? And if so, how would I go about doing it?

· Registered
11 Posts
So I need a program that searches like a couple websites for a video title (YouTube, Rumble, etc) and returns the top 5 results from each site. Once it’s returned the results, the user can select the preferred video and the video would then play. Optimally it would use the websites’ already built in search bars. It doesn’t need video comments or anything like that, I’m only looking for the video itself to be able to be streamed through the website. I looked into different crawlers but they don’t seem to be exactly what I’m looking for. Is this possible? And if so, how would I go about doing it?
it is possible, but not worth it -- as a programmer, the effort required to do this (and it could be broken by a simple site update on their part) outweighs simpler solutions.
why not just install the Rasbian OS and use the browser to find+play video?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts