Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted to do some type of game development, and I've learned a good amount of c++ so, i could get into the field, but i always wanted to do dev for PC, but i don't know if it would be too hard for me, so i was asking mostly for feedback to see if i should do app dev, or big game dev for PC's in game engines such as UDK, or Unity.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
197 Posts
There is so much more to making pc games than just writing game logic, if you want a big game.
But you can do small games with little issue. The engine helps you a lot with basic models, textures and animation.

If it's just for fun, i would suggest game dev, since thats what i find fun
smile.gif
(and also do in my studies). But apps can be equally fun, and even more so if you have a good idea.

If it's something you would like to earn money on, maybe apps are eaiser, since it will be very hard to create games on your own (depending on the idea and the size).

And it's not like you will not be able to transfer your abilities between game programming and app programming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youre right i see what you mean, but yea i would think of earning money, but also having a good time doing it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts