Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using the tutorial given in the sticky. I'm using MSI Afterburner, but the furthest my core clock can go is 775MHz max. What can I do to change this?

I was following another guide before:

http://tech.icrontic.com/articles/overclocking-the-radeon-hd-5850/

but I don't know how reliable that was. I was able to keep using AMD GPU Clock Tool to clock my GPU to 1185 and beyond without instability and I thought something was up. I even tested it with that program Furmark and raised my temps to 104C consistently with the fan off. I have no idea which correct method to use!

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
If you can't get the slider to stay at more the 775Mhz, you'll have to go into the config file and set "EnableUnofficialOverclocking" to 1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what it says:

[ATIADLHAL]
UnofficialOverclockingEULA=
UnofficialOverclockingMode= 1
AccessibilityCheckingPeriod= 0

The second line is where I changed it to a one. The words of the text I have not changed and could not find "Enable Unofficial Overclocking" in the text.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I was probably wrong then. Are you saying it is unstable over 775Mhz or it resets to 775 if you set it higher and click Apply?

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you're using MSI Afterburner 2.1 you have to edit your CFG file(Open with NotePad) and change your EULA and UnOfficialOverclocking to:

Set your UnofficialOverclockingEULA field to the following text: I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
Then Set your UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1

This will allow your MSI Afterburner to pass the limit that is currently blocking you to surpass. Unless your card is not reference that is(If you don't know if your card is reference the fan should be at the end of it)
IE like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102888&cm_re=HD_5870-_-14-102-888-_-Product

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ramp;13016494
I was probably wrong then. Are you saying it is unstable over 775Mhz or it resets to 775 if you set it higher and click Apply?
It can't go past 775 Core Clock. I'm trying to go above and beyond

Also to the other poster, idk if this is a reference card or not but here is what I have

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150494

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Dtrain. I typed that in now I can continue OC my card! If I have any more troubles, I'll be sure to ask here.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hung;13016658
Thanks Dtrain. I typed that in now I can continue OC my card! If I have any more troubles, I'll be sure to ask here.
Np at all they recently made this addition, so a lot of people probably need to Update their threads with this information, but good luck with your Overclock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I'm using 3D Mark 11 and did the extreme test and idk what my results mean:

Graphics Score: 1261
Physics Score: 4556
Combined Score: 1632
Your 3DMark 11 Score: X1393 (is this good?)

I am at the end of Step 6 on the pinned OC ATI guide. My Core Clock is set at 850 (which was the most stable at stock voltage) and Memory Clock still at 1000. Is my score good? Bad? I did it on extreme should I do it on performance testing?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts