Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just built this pos its got a abbit nf7-s2g mobo a amd xp 3200+ barton and 2 gigs or dual channel pc3200. well its only running the 2.2 ghz and i want more cause 3dmarks is kicking my ass i am into gamming. i cant get higher then a 1650 on 3dmarks my bros pos 1.7ghs beats mine and hes got a 5700geforce video card with 128mb and i got a 5500geforce fx 256mb ram what can i do? i already overclocked my video card as far as it can go with out it screwing up while i play. i have my cpu down to 40*c and my video card to 43*c with it overclocked. but if i try n e thing in bios my computer goes ape ****. i have 3 4 setting auto which will run slow and ****ty agressive, turbo,and expert expert is the only one that will let me change ne thing from my ram to my fsb but if i even take it out of auto it wont start up right. i know nothing about overclocking please some one help the retarted and mentaly impared i am good with directions so tell me straight up my yahoo name is bbg427 i am always online on yahoo messenger and aol instant messenger name is bbg427RX7freak

·
Registered
712 Posts
1) get a better video card... 6000 series at least... video cards have more to do with your mark scores than anything else really.

2) there is no way a 256 mb graphic card on an AGP bus can use all of that bandwith to fill it.... save a few bucks and get a 128mb one...

try this card...

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...150-080&DEPA=1

you'll SMOKE your brother's machine...hands down.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittani

1) get a better video card... 6000 series at least... video cards have more to do with your mark scores than anything else really.

2) there is no way a 256 mb graphic card on an AGP bus can use all of that bandwith to fill it.... save a few bucks and get a 128mb one...

try this card...

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...150-080&DEPA=1

you'll SMOKE your brother's machine...hands down.

i agree, that's the exact same card i used in a new PC i built and it rocks!!!!! btw, dual dvi monitors

·
Registered
712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

btw, dual dvi monitors

grrr... I hate you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts