Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am going to pick up some Scythe Gentle Typhoons for my next build. And although the stock color is fine, I really want black and red. I know you can spray paint the blades, and I could do that... But I'm uncomfortable with the whole concept. With my luck, it would become unbalanced.

I found this tutorial some time back: http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=35185
And I was wondering if I can transfer that process over to the Scythe fans? I know the hub of the Scythe fan has metal in it, and also that the blades are grey. I want to dye the blades a sort of blood red color. How well would it hold up?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Unless someone has already dyed the ap15s before, you would just have to expirement. I would think that the dye wont affect the metal in The fan blade but I cant be sure. Good luck and sorry I couldnt provide any info.
thumb.gif

-Greg

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREG MISO View Post

Unless someone has already dyed the ap15s before, you would just have to expirement. I would think that the dye wont affect the metal in The fan blade but I cant be sure. Good luck and sorry I couldnt provide any info.
thumb.gif

-Greg
Well, me being as flat broke as I currently am (just bought the parts for my new rig), I don't think I should be the one experimenting. I might just have to paint some for now, and I will experiment with dye when I upgrade, and have more fans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.