Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my computer was over heating so i went and cleaned the heat sink and fan, but when i put it on i went to check my Bios and my heat reading was -116 F and this is bad i guess what happened?

(i turned my pc off straight away and now im on my laptop.)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pashiewashie

my computer was over heating so i went and cleaned the heat sink and fan, but when i put it on i went to check my Bios and my heat reading was -116 F and this is bad i guess what happened?

(i turned my pc off straight away and now im on my laptop.)

What is your processor? If you cleaned it and took it off, did you reapply thermal paste to it? 116F is not overly hot at all, or if you meant -116F, then I would think the bios would be off or something, maybe update them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i didnt reapply the thermal paste , in fact my brother touched it and smugded it a bit , its a amd athlon 2700mhz , what should i do it was minus temprature!

·
Registered
291 Posts
If it was tampered with you should probably remove it and reaply thermal paste. As for the negative temps, seems like a BIOS thing to me...

·
Registered
698 Posts
me too. Do you use the processors internal probe or do you have an external probe?

·
Registered
343 Posts
If its negative
REJOICE!!!
Or just touch the heatsink...thats a good way to tell if anything is wrong. Warm is ok...if its uncomfortable to hold your finger there, you have a voltage/cooling problem. Did your bios read right before?

·
Administrator
64,325 Posts
Just make sure you have placed some thermal compound on the processor then place the heatsink firmly on the processor and make sure the hs is attached and firmly in place if it is not to do with the above then it could be misreadings im your bios, an update could improve things

1 - 11 of 11 Posts