Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need to overclock my ENGTX560 Ti DC/2DI/1GD5
ASUS GTX560 Ti DirectCU Graphics Card [=http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX560_Ti_DC2DI1GD5/][/]. I am not good in overclock so what is the best I can go with stability what is the best program for overclock and testing my gpu I need details for example how meny voltage or power limte I should put also should I need to update my gpu driver or just keep the old driver that come with the gpu because I heard the new driver caus BSOD or crush . My build is Prosser / intel i5-2500k 3.30Ghz OC to 4.2 Ghz . motherbord / P8P67.
RAM DDR3 8gb / Kingston HyperX Blu HS KHX1600C9D3B1/4G Memory Module( 4GB * 2 )( Total of 8GB of Ram )

graphic card / Asus GTX 560 ti

CPU Cooler / Cooler master Hyper 212 Plus .

power supply / Cooler Master 550 W .

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
you can use GPU-z for GPU detailed information and specs.
you can use MSI Afterburner for overclocking the GPU.

EDIT: forgot to mention stability programs, you can use benchmarks to run over and over for a certain amount of time. you also can use Furmark which is an extreme GPU stressing program, it should surely spot and instabilities with your overclock.

hope that was helpful info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long should I keep fumark to test my gpu and make sure it past the test

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My tempr hits 60c without overclock is that normal while running fumark in 18 min the max temp is 86 c . Is that normal without overclock

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I had the same 560 you did it would take 1.2 volts fine and clock to 1100 core stable!

86c is awfully hot i think with stock cooler mine never even got that hot oc'd

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About msi afterburner what should I change please I need details I am totally noob in overclock gpu

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaf-Arc View Post

About msi afterburner what should I change please I need details I am totally noob in overclock gpu
If your hitting 80 something c non overclocked i wouldn't overclock it anymore than it already is.

But you will want to go to settings and click unlock voltage
then move core voltage to 1.087
put core clock at 1000
and memory clock at 2300
that is a decent overclock for your card mine did it with out even breaking a sweat
Also make a fan profile so it goes up 1rpm for every 1c of heat have it max out at 100% at 75ishc

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys I didn't overclock I bought my asus gtx 560 ti new just yesterday and I just instal my cd driver no overclock just test it by fumark for about 18 min it hits 86c Max while in desktop no loed it hits 60c
mad.gif
is there something wrong with my gpu help and thanx everyone
wink.gif

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar0987 View Post

If your hitting 80 something c not overclocked i wouldn't overclock it anymore than it already is.<-- its factory oc'd
But its your gpu.

you will want to go to settings and click unlock voltage
then move core voltage to 1.087
put core clock at 1000
and memory clock at 2300
that is a decent overclock for your card mine did it with out even breaking a sweat
Also make a fan profile so it goes up 1rpm for every 1c of heat have it max out at 100% at 75ishc
Also download the newest drivers for it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaf-Arc View Post

Guys I didn't overclock I bought my asus gtx 560 ti new just yesterday and I just instal my cd driver no overclock just test it by fumark for about 18 min it hits 86c Max while in desktop no loed it hits 60c
mad.gif
is there something wrong with my gpu help and thanx everyone
wink.gif
furmark is useless imo to test video cards. sure if you want to put the most unreal stress on t ever and try to fry it go ahead.

I use the free heaven benchmark and loop it for a few runs and if no problems then a few hours of BF3 will tell if its stable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i cant find the shader clock option in msi afterburner does it matter i have only
core voltage (mV) - Power Limit (%) - Core Clock (MHz) - Memory Clock (MHz) - fan speed(%)
i put core voltage (mV) = 1000 - Core Clock (MHz) = 1000 - Memory Clock (MHz) = 2300 - fan speed(%) = Auto

i need the far i can overclock my GPU

these is my Asus Gtx 560 ti image

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could anyone help please
redface.gif

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Your gonna need more fan speed and voltage for 1000 core and that is a funny looking 560ti
looks like a 460 top to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts