I have a
CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor
GPU:Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DDR5
Memory:KIngston 8GB 1600Mhz
Motherboard:H81M-K

I want to overclock my cpu but i cant cuse my prosessor isnt a k version
But i saw on Intels website that i can boost it from 3.20 to 3.40
I dont know how to boost it
http://ark.intel.com/products/80817/Intel-Core-i5-4460-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

And i woud want to overclock my gpu
Which woud be the optimal settings for my gpu

And how to overclock ram

Please help me!

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
it already boosts to 3400MHz.Out of the box. Overclocking RAM is just not worth it, it's better just to buy faster sticks. Also, your board is very basic.
Now, for the GPU... What brand is your 270 and what are the stock clocks. I once had 7870, which is basically 270 only the 270X version, and it overclocked like crazy. I was able to get 20% OC on the core stable (1000->1200MHz) with no extra voltage.

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivek450 View Post

My cpu is at 3.20ghz its not boosted

The gpu clock is 1120mhz
The memory clock is 1400mhz
what software are you using to read your cpu speed ?
what is your 270, the name of the brand and cooling.

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
well there's no harm in setting the max turbo boost to 34x on all cores, but I don't know if his mobo will allow any of that.
I'm asking again, what is the cooling on your card? Reference or aftermarket?

·
Banned
5,762 Posts
Are there any settings in your bios related to cpu multiplier ? if there are, what are they exactly?
you might squeeze 200mhz more if your mobo allows you to set multiplier to 34x, overclocking ram is something nobody does anymore and your 270 already runs 1120MHz. You might squeeze another 100MHz but I don't think this will have a big impact on your performance.

·
Premium Member
11,941 Posts
I keep looking at this thread.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Your CPU boost is automatically controlled based on several factors, specifically thermal and to a lesser extent electrical conditions. This affects both CPU and GPU overclocks, do again, it's important for you to tell us what your cooling devices are on the hardware components you're interested in overclocking.. As it seems that you know, there's no way for you to increase your CPU speed manually since you don't have an unlocked processor.

That said, you can do base clock increases, but it's really not worth it with a fixed multiplier. That also depends on your mainboard, but I still wouldn't mess with it because the returns are quite low.

Your GPU, on the other hand, has quite a bit of overclocking potential. I'm an NVIDIA fella, so I'm not up on the latest and greatest AMD GPU overclocking software / firmware, but it should be relatively easy.

Just out of curiosity, is this related to [email protected] in any way or are you asking here for another reason?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts