Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a stable 3.8 is what i want to reach. ive been there and i like the smoothness of the performance. but its not stabe . i think its a heat issue.

1) what vcore voltage do i need for 3.8 ? i useully set it around 1.5 to 1.6
2)what speed and voltage should i run my ram?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I think it's said that you shouldn't go over 1.6volts on Prescotts, but for memory, you can safely run most RAM up to about 3 volts for daily use, and of course, the highest you can keep the memory with a 1:1 ratio the better

159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive set my vcore at 1.5 v @3.75 my temp is 41c or around there i set the mem to 366 voltage to 1.75 .the highest i can set it is 1.85 timmings are loose for now. but there rated at 2.5,3,3,6 . i was just at running @3.85 and the temps were normal of it stock with intel hsf. 46c to 55c but it crashed during a burn in so i lowered some stuff. im gonna run some tests to see if this it stable

·
Registered
840 Posts
If 3.8 stable is something you really want to get I suggest a good WC setup. A good start is one of those DangerDen custom built kits. You can get them for as low as $200 + S&H and you can change the components as you need/want more power fr your WC setup.

EDIT: I just noticed you're running on the stock intel heatsink. I suggest you get an aftermarket heatsink (an all copper heatsink would be the best choice for your CPU) and with those temps on the stock hsf you can go even higher with an aftermarket one. It's a good choice if you're on a budget or if you don't want to jump to WC yet.
Btw, I suggest the Thermalright XP-90 with a good CFM fan for your CPU.

159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

You are at the max voltage for that CPU. I would say you're probably about the CPU's max for that setup.

k thanks so the best i can get with current config is 3.75 .k so now ill get to makeing it stable . i wraped my 2 tornado's in blue electical tape to dampen the noise it seems to be working .in doing so i installed the air flow backwards (silly me) but it seemed to cut the teps down 2 or 3c's so im monitoring it to see what it does my only concern is that the psu exaust is geting sucked back in.

so since im maxed at voltage i guess ill get 3.75 stable then go from there

water isnt an option for now i just spent 400 on a card plus water kind scares me

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] / llcopk

a stable 3.8 is what i want to reach. ive been there and i like the smoothness of the performance. but its not stabe . i think its a heat issue.

1) what vcore voltage do i need for 3.8 ? i useully set it around 1.5 to 1.6
2)what speed and voltage should i run my ram?

I only got 3.76 stable on a Northwood using the same cooler. I think your asking a little too much on air.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
For a good air current, Don't you want air coming in through the front and leaving through the back with a few side fans? Or is there another way to get better airflow?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts