Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about watercooling but dont know what I need or should get. Let me start by listing what I have.
MB = EVGA X99 Classified
CPU = 5930K
GPU = 2 EVGA 980 TI Classified
HDD = Intel 750 SSD NVMe 400GB
Case = Corsair 600T
I am not looking for extreme OC'ing just for benching and mild gaming.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to spend under $750 but not really sure what I need so if I need to spend more to get the right stuff I will

·
Registered
911 Posts
I would suggest reading through the stickies for this water cooling forum. They will give you a great base of knowledge.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
CPU block, GPU Block, pump, radiator(s), reservoir, tubing, and fittings are the minimum. Start doing research. Decide if you want a pretty build, a durable build, a silent build, or a mix of all three. Ask a lot of questions in the water cooling forums. I chose mostly EK parts for my build with an emphasis on silence and durability, appearance was an afterthought. Low fpi radiators with low speed push/pull fans helped me achieve silence. I also went with acetyl blocks instead of acrylic block materials for the durability. I bought a pump/res combo with a variable D5 pump and used soft tubing for ease of install. Again, do your research and ask questions. Water-cooling can be a great hobby and the results are well worth it.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been reading forums. I see the only blocks for the 980ti classifieds are the ek blocks for the 780classy. I am still unsure about what radiator and pump will work with the case and components I already have. I would like something that is not to noisy,has good performance and will last so I can use it when I decide to upgrade MB and VGA's down the road.I now I can't leave things alone for long before I upgrade as things come out. My PC is always a work in progress so time to start playing with water.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only blocks I can find anywhere for the 890ti Classified is the ek 780classy. I really don't want a block that says 780classy when I am using a 980ti classified but if that's all there is then it is what it is

·
Premium Member
6,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswt1975 View Post

Only blocks I can find anywhere for the 890ti Classified is the ek 780classy. I really don't want a block that says 780classy when I am using a 980ti classified but if that's all there is then it is what it is
this is 1 reason you research before you buy.
dont post endless questions in the water cooling gallery thread. its a gallery thread not a help thread.
there are plenty of water cooling questions answered in the water cooling essentials thread at the top of this forum. plenty of links while lots and lots of answers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't post it here it was moved here so if this is not the right section for me then the people who moved my post here need to move it to the right place

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Skip soft tubing if you have even the slightest technical knowledge. Soft tubing has its place-but if you look at builds with soft and builds with hardline and would rather have hardline in your build "someday" then skip soft tubing and compression fittings so you don't ever have to buy a whole new set of fittings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts