Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i need OCN opinion on my new Beast. So on that note, I am proud to introduce to my OCN community and friends; Project "ArxAnjel", i made it in my own image. LOL!

Let me know what you guys think, I need feedback!!!

Just another shout out to say thank you to everyone who has given me there great input with helping me with this project. Thanks to all.

OverClock.Net is the BEST!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Dude,

Thant looks like a great system!! I just picked up the 790fxta-ud5 board as well with a 955be until the 965be I ordered comes in.
If I could make a suggestion to how you have it displayed.. add the water block, rad and pump that you are using for the CPU and teh water block you have on your GPU's

Sweet system!!

Also if you are not already a member check out this thread!

http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherb...ners-club.html

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
great system. only need a sound card IF you have some audiophile quality speakers. otherwise your fine.

physx though i do believe is still fail.

·
Dream with your eyes open
3,837 Posts
Sweet build just sell your PhysX card for like $10-20 maybe donate it to someone who needs it lol. And purchase a 9800 or something
For physX of course. Sound card could use some tweaking other than that SWEET BUILD BRO!

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by assaulth3ro911
View Post

Sweet build just sell your PhysX card for like $10-20 maybe donate it to someone who needs it lol. And purchase a 9800 or something
For physX of course. Sound card could use some tweaking other than that SWEET BUILD BRO!

Please, no adivice from you.

Just forget PhysX if you rock ATI cards.

Get a sound card and some headphones/speakers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O.k. what is the difference in use a standalone physX card? or with a nvidia card with physX built in it? the patch should be still the same from what i've read here on OCN that i asked to make sure? or correct me? Lets remember there are games out there that uses physX. & would it effect my system in a negative way?

"Russtynailz" i made those correction on my systems profile.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
A PhysX card won't do much and it has been proven that a 9800gt dedicated for PhysX will stomp it. Even then not enough games use it. If you play alot of the games on here then it might be worth it. I don't encourage using TVs as monitors as they tend to look stretched and the pixel density is much lower. The PSU is a little overkill and you'd be fine with even a TX750 or TX850.

A sound card like an Auzentech Forte would really shine with a great set of speakers.

Other than that, you seem to have it covered nicely.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenInferno
View Post

A PhysX card won't do much and it has been proven that a 9800gt dedicated for PhysX will stomp it. Even then not enough games use it. If you play alot of the games on here then it might be worth it. I don't encourage using TVs as monitors as they tend to look stretched and the pixel density is much lower. The PSU is a little overkill and you'd be fine with even a TX750 or TX850.

A sound card like an Auzentech Forte would really shine with a great set of speakers.

Other than that, you seem to have it covered nicely.

Hey ChickenInferno, thanks for the info, originally i was looking for a 850Hx but the company i purchase it from where out of stock of the 850Hx, so they gave me a good deal on a 1000Hx instead. As for the samsung 40" LED, I am also running FTA (free-to-Air) digital satellite through my PC & my cable network with a TV card. This system is not just for games. Its for other things as well.

Thanks.

P.s. (keep the feedback coming).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts