Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just got a geforce 6600le (help me with unlockable pipes lol). its an evga 256 mb with 128 bit . anyway the stock numbers are 300 core and 400 mem, all the 128 bit 6200 had 350 500 or 550. so my question is would overclocking to these numbers (since its the same chip as the one above) would it be safe. i dont want to overclock for all i can get i just want around a vanilla 6600 performance. you guys know way more than i do so please help???????

·
Registered
679 Posts
Im not thinking your going to get it to 550 im sorry but that would be crazy (well seems that way to me). Your just going to overclock it 10 MHz at a time and test for artifacts, its all up to your comp and what it can do and if your going to overclock your GPU you may need new kooling. What temps are you getting now stock?

-Sparda

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpardaHK
Im not thinking your going to get it to 550 im sorry but that would be crazy (well seems that way to me). Your just going to overclock it 10 MHz at a time and test for artifacts, its all up to your comp and what it can do and if your going to overclock your GPU you may need new kooling. What temps are you getting now stock?

-Sparda
Just to get a bit clear, artifacts appear when your core gets too hot, or there is just too much stuff running through it at one time and the core just can't handle it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts