Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first custom built pc. I have an MSI mobo, AMD 5200+, 2-1 gig sticks of Supertalent DDR2-533, 9500GT nVidia and a 550 watt power supply. Oh and a 20" HP 2035 monitor. I have had some problems with COD 4 and 5 shutting down in gameplay. Fallout 3 works good set on high. Any suggestions on how to OC for someone fairly new to overclocking

·
Registered
455 Posts
what do u mean by shutting down for one. Like does ur computer turn off or the game crashes. Cuz if its the former, the reason might not be a bottleneck but overheating. Download everest or any reliable temp monitoring programs and start from there. Also you should update ur bios to the latest version.

Also it might be a good idea to fill out ur computer specs so that people can help you out easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Im a little new this website also. It doesnt shut the whole cpu down just the game and say 512 mb avalible for graphics memory and only like 136-344 avalible for texture memory or something along those lines

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Sorry Im a little new this website also. It doesnt shut the whole cpu down just the game and say 512 mb avalible for graphics memory and only like 136-344 avalible for texture memory or something along those lines

Seriously, I don't get it.

First of all, you should learn the basics about overclocking.

This would help you to start:http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/ov...r4/default.asp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what dont you get Biatch isn't that what these websites are for is to learn. Thanks for the link I'll check er out

·
Registered
455 Posts
it seems like its a driver problem then, have u updated everything? Cuz usually when the game crashes, its the graphics card giving a problem. If it freezes/hangs, then i would say temperatures. As for overclocking, u would only really need to do that only if ur processor is the bottleneck for gaming performance. This is however if u only use ur computer for gaming and regular uses. If you are doing mad calculations like the Overclock.net's folding team, then u would want to push the processor to the brim.

and to note if you do intend to overclock ur processor, please PLEASE keep in mind that 99.9% of all brisbane cores have faulty temperature sensors. For example when mine is at 20C its actually at 40C and so forth. And lastly unless u have crazy cooling, brisbanes will hit around 3.4ghz-3.6ghz.

So good luck and i hope to hear about ur progress,

S1L3Nt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts