Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i wanna upgrade my computer...i built it a year ago....939 processor not that old....and i realized if i upgrade it would be easier if i build another computer...i want am2 processor,and ddr2 ram,and im gonna have to get new hardrives (SATA)....and the vid card i want is this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...14195029....so if i can work arounnd that we are good....but processor and mobo wise i need help...ty

·
Registered
62 Posts
for the processor at least Athlon XP2 3800+ or higher depends on ur budget.

for the mobo just dont buy cheap brands such as biostar,ECS,Asrock,etc

Abit, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus is the best for overclockers.
Since u plan to buy a graphic card, dont buy mobos with 6100chipset .
Get a mobo with at least 550 or higher such as 570,570 Ultra, and 590.
550chipset should do the job, i prefer Abit , just dunno why.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
fill n your system specs so we can identify any weakness in your current system, go to user cp and then edit system and fill it all in

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
ah nice well form the looks of it for a complete and better system you will need more ram regardless. so all in all its about how much money you can spend. if you dont have the money for the inflated am2 prices a 939 sytem can still last you two or three more years. get a x2 or an opteron maybe a 3800(x2) or a 165(opteron) both inexpensive and overclock like crazy. then get another stick of ram to give you a total of 1 gig. that would be significant improvement and inexpensive. just let me know your price range and we can work from there...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quote:
the motherboard model isnt the exact same...i dont remember...buts its close to that....5 pci slots,socket 939,4 sd ddr ram slots
i dont understand u?.. u wanna upgrade to socket AM2 or stick with the old one? listen to my advice only if u plan to upgrade to AM2..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i building a new computer...im upgrading...i only put that cuz whe u said to fill my info for computer...and i put that cuz i didnt kno my motherboard model when i put it it

·
Registered
62 Posts
go for 1Gb ddr2 667... its good enough,better yet 1Gb ddr2 800 depends on ur budget. This is my suggestion :-
processor = X2 3800+
mobo = Abit KN9 Ultra
ram = at least 1GB DDR2 667
harddrive = WD 160GB

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by azfar83 View Post
go for 1Gb ddr2 667... its good enough,better yet 1Gb ddr2 800 depends on ur budget. This is my suggestion :-
processor = X2 3800+
mobo = Abit KN9 Ultra
ram = at least 1GB DDR2 667
harddrive = WD 160GB
/\hats a good build /\\ i did not kno u wanted a new build i thought you might be upgrading a new vid card wouldnt hurt either a 7900 gt or so

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think u cant clocked it at that speed,its too much even provided with proper cooling.well theoretically the X2 3800+ is the same speed as 3.8ghz (Intel) although the real clock is 2.00Ghz. It perform just fine with all games.Infact y need oc when its already above 3.8ghz?

u dont need really high end processor , (in my experience,as u can see my pc specs), in gaming u really need high end graphics like mine or pair up 7600GT and at least 2GB of Ram.

even though u purchase a quad processor but ur graphics are low end u wont be able to play those games at acceptable rates..

trust me..

·
Registered
62 Posts
why Ati?

Nvidia is better at games than Ati..

some ppl say that ATi is good for programmers...thats wat i heard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1 more thing...

ATi graphics are excellent at first person shooter games .(they say)
Nvidia is good for strategy games and etc..

if u wanna go for ATi , its okay.

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by azfar83
View Post

1 more thing...

ATi graphics are excellent at first person shooter games .(they say)
Nvidia is good for strategy games and etc..

if u wanna go for ATi , its okay.

They don't vary like that, that is like saying my finger is good at typing on the a key but not so much on the z key. Or something like that. They both have the respective advantages but none of it has anything to do with what kind of game you are playing genre-wise. Maybe the game takes advantage of what ATi does more than what Nvidia does but it doesn't break down by genre some FPSs perform better on Nvidia and some FPSs perform better on ATi and it is the same for all genres of games

1 - 18 of 18 Posts