Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

im about to build a good pc so i need good advices to choose well.

Actually im stuck between a combo of cpu, mobo and ram ( i dont have trouble with this one)

Here are my options :

1.

First Combo
CPU: Intel Core 15-2500K unlocked LGA 1155 CPU 3.3 GHZ
Mobo: Asrock Z77 Pro 3 Motherboard
Ram: No

Combo price: 303 $

2.

CPU: Intel Core 15-2500K unlocked LGA 1155 CPU 3.3 GHZ
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LX
Ram: No

Combo price: 303 $

3.

CPU: AMD phenom II X4 960T Black Edition
Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-UD3
Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX Memory (2 X 4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz

Price: 300 $

4.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 970
Mobo: MSI 970A-G45 Motherboard
Ram: 4gb DDR3 1333Mhz

Price: 302 $

I need the computer for programs like Autocad Civil 3D, Design programs, some games like mmorpg but gaming isn't the priority task..Basically to work with programs for cilvil ingeneering.
Even if all above works well with all i said i need, im looking forward and i want to build a pc that can be there in future exigencies.. Maybe all above are modest cpu and mobo but is all i can afford so i need to buy wisely.

Im not affraid of O.C the cpu as long as i get a good PSU and a cooler ...

**Taking the opportunity some recomendation for these two components if i want to do OC would be nice too

Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker28 View Post

Hi everyone,
im about to build a good pc so i need good advices to choose well.
Actually im stuck between a combo of cpu, mobo and ram ( i dont have trouble with this one)
Here are my options :
1.

First Combo
CPU: Intel Core 15-2500K unlocked LGA 1155 CPU 3.3 GHZ
Mobo: Asrock Z77 Pro 3 Motherboard
Ram: No
Combo price: 303 $
2.

CPU: Intel Core 15-2500K unlocked LGA 1155 CPU 3.3 GHZ
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V LX
Ram: No
Combo price: 303 $
3.

CPU: AMD phenom II X4 960T Black Edition
Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-UD3
Ram: 8GB Kingston HyperX Memory (2 X 4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz
Price: 300 $
4.

CPU: AMD Phenom II 970
Mobo: MSI 970A-G45 Motherboard
Ram: 4gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Price: 302 $
I need the computer for programs like Autocad Civil 3D, Design programs, some games like mmorpg but gaming isn't the priority task..Basically to work with programs for cilvil ingeneering.
Even if all above works well with all i said i need, im looking forward and i want to build a pc that can be there in future exigencies.. Maybe all above are modest cpu and mobo but is all i can afford so i need to buy wisely.
Im not affraid of O.C the cpu as long as i get a good PSU and a cooler ...
**Taking the opportunity some recomendation for these two components if i want to do OC would be nice too
Thanks in advance
i would choose option 1 why, cause a Z77 motherboard is a new mobo for sandy bridge and ivy bridge cpu
thumb.gif
. but option 2 is good also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi and thanks for your advice ...

Definitely i'll go for I5 what it is really unexpected to me was about the mobo becuase i thought Asus was better than Asrock ..So thanks i'll take it in mind and i'll study about those two mobos

I m not sure about Asrock reputation since im always being on brands pc ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker28 View Post

Hi and thanks for your advice ...
Definitely i'll go for I5 what it is really unexpected to me was about the mobo becuase i thought Asus was better than Asrock ..So thanks i'll take it in mind and i'll study about those two mobos
I m not sure about Asrock reputation since im always being on brands pc ...
It's not only about brands, I'm partial to Asus as well, but between a z68 and a z77 board, go with a Z77, newer chipset, newer tech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHernandez View Post

It's not only about brands, I'm partial to Asus as well, but between a z68 and a z77 board, go with a Z77, newer chipset, newer tech.
Thanks !! Z77 will be !!
thumb.gif
 

·
Peace!!!
Joined
·
3,288 Posts
go for which ever you feel like option 1 or 2 but go for Intel if you have
Quote:
Autocad Civil 3D, Design programs,
and personal i would go with the second option
another thing i would recommend you to look for a 2500k and ASrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 it would be around the same
and lastly go for the cheapest 1600Mhz 1.5v RAM it will be good for your setup a 1333Mhz usually get in the way while overclocking
thumb.gif
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Skywalker28

·
Peace!!!
Joined
·
3,288 Posts
Oh and lastly
W e L c O m E
t O
O c N

cheers.gif
NjOy your stay here
smile.gif
 

·
Peace!!!
Joined
·
3,288 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post

i think OPs budget is around 300$ buddy that combo is for 350$ which out of OPs budget
rolleyes.gif
Its 339 as the 3570K has a 10 dollar card with it and its the combo to go with. Latest and greatest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post

go for which ever you feel like option 1 or 2 but go for Intel if you have
Quote:
Autocad Civil 3D, Design programs,
and personal i would go with the second option
another thing i would recommend you to look for a 2500k and ASrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 it would be around the same
and lastly go for the cheapest 1600Mhz 1.5v RAM it will be good for your setup a 1333Mhz usually get in the way while overclocking
thumb.gif
Well, the thing is that i dont know if i can change the mobo, i mean i only can choose between the combos i wrote , but thanks i could take it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post

Oh and lastly
W e L c O m E
t O
O c N

cheers.gif
NjOy your stay here
smile.gif
Thanks you very much
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post

go for which ever you feel like option 1 or 2 but go for Intel if you have
Quote:
Autocad Civil 3D, Design programs,
and personal i would go with the second option
another thing i would recommend you to look for a 2500k and ASrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 it would be around the same
and lastly go for the cheapest 1600Mhz 1.5v RAM it will be good for your setup a 1333Mhz usually get in the way while overclocking
thumb.gif
I was searching in google and i found this one Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 so this one is better than Asrock Z77 ??

Thanks
biggrin.gif
 

·
Peace!!!
Joined
·
3,288 Posts
yes in my suggestion i would say the ASrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 has a better then the Asrock Z77 Pro 3
y ?
because the ASRock E3G3(8+4 phases) has a better VRM setup then of the ASRock Z77 Pro3(4+1 phases) and it supports a PCi 3.0 SLi/CF and it overclocks better
biggrin.gif


Hope that explain my suggestion of ASRock E3G3
thumb.gif
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top