Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829156014
this is my sound card. opamps are failign on it everywhere. front channel doesnt work, line in and mic dont work. i need to pass audiofrom my xbox through my computer. the optical port on my alc889 audio doesnt work as an input, my xbox wont even do coax. my question is:

can i get an hdmi adapter from my xbox to my hdmi in on my auzentech then put the hdmi out through and hook that up to anhdmi port and will it pass audio through my computer? also is it possible to convert hdmi video to dvi then to vga? my crappy ips monitor from 2007 only has ONE dvi port, yet for SOME reason.. they didnt include an hdmi or 2 dvi ports... but they decided to give it a vga port, TWO component in that cant even do 1080p, svideo, composite and 4 usb ports.... go figure. i have my computer hooked up to my nad t751 receiver through digital coax. it crackles once in a while but going to playback devices in w7 and disabling and re enablign it fixes it every time so far. im almost positive this sound card will break some time. i know for a fact auzentech will NEVER rma it. they have terrible customer service, so i in fact did waste $250, my most expensive part in my computer was a waste of money.

i dont even expect anyone on this forum to help me, they almost never do now that chat is gone, oh well this is more of a rant than me actually expecting help.

·
Premium Member
3,246 Posts
I don't really know what to tell you. However, I do have one of the Xbox 360 audio/video cables that has a VGA video output and RCA + optical audio (and a RCA > 3.5mm adapter). If you use that, it's just a simple matter of plugging that into your audio input on your sound card and turning "listen" mode or whatever on. Perhaps it isn't the ideal solution, but it seems like it might work for you.

By the way, I don't need that cable any more, so if you want to buy it, shoot me a PM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts