Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Quarantined in the Sticks
2,408 Posts
check the forsale part of the forums, someone is actually selling a Sapphire 5870 for $400

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Good luck, what you're asking is close to impossible atm. If you're set on that price I'd wait for a couple months.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, Newegg is out of the question though, California tax is outrageous.

Those ebay auctions will probably end up going higher as the auction nears its close. Other than that I guess I will have to wait. I'll let all the impatient people get their cards first, and I'll wait for price drops to something more reasonable

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
yea u are going to have to wait; like someone else said, people are making a profit off of these

what ever happened to that 975 es?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by i7bigrig
View Post

Thanks guys, Newegg is out of the question though, California tax is outrageous.

Those ebay auctions will probably end up going higher as the auction nears its close. Other than that I guess I will have to wait. I'll let all the impatient people get their cards first, and I'll wait for price drops to something more reasonable

What is california tax? 10%?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by i7bigrig
View Post

At 8.25%, California has the highest state sales tax, which can total up to 10.75% with local sales tax included.

Pulled off wiki

We pay 13% in Ontario... soon to pay the full 13% when buying houses too.. used to only pay 6% i think...

back to OP GL finding one before xmas

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah, America has cheap taxes compared to the rest of the world. VAT can get up to 25% in some countries in Europe.

OP, not much I can tell you except what you already know, keep an eye on the sticky here and the For Sale section.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I really chose the wrong time to sell my 5870. Sold it on eBay about a month ago for $380 (shipped). Looking at auctions now with Christmas approaching, they are going for $450++. Stupid me.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Check that. Look at the completed listings on eBay. A plain-jane 5870 sometimes sells for $550+. That definitely deserves an [OMG!!].

If I would have known that the 5870s would be in such short supply, I most definitely would have waited for Christmas to sell mine. Damn. I figured Newegg would be busting at the seams with them on the second or third stock run.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts