Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May not exist, but is there such a thing as a Mini ITX I/O Shield for sale on its own? I'm going to be building a case from scratch and would like to just purchase a Mini ITX I/O Shield cutout with the 2 expansion slots already attached. If not, I will just get the Danger Den 7 slot and modify it to only have 2 slots.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
1. Danger Den is out of business , dont know if there are some out there , if i where you , ill buy them all lol

2. I did a i/o shield that you can mod it to your liking
smile.gif
be 10 slots , 100 slots or just 1 lol

http://grabcad.com/library/motherboard-back-panel-i-o-10-pci-slots

you just need AutoCAD/Inventor/Solidworks to edit it , delete as many "slots" you want in the "pattern" option , then reduce the size of the actual part and you are done
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoi View Post

1. Danger Den is out of business , dont know if there are some out there , if i where you , ill buy them all lol

2. I did a i/o shield that you can mod it to your liking
smile.gif
be 10 slots , 100 slots or just 1 lol

http://grabcad.com/library/motherboard-back-panel-i-o-10-pci-slots

you just need AutoCAD/Inventor/Solidworks to edit it , delete as many "slots" you want in the "pattern" option , then reduce the size of the actual part and you are done
biggrin.gif
lol that is awesome. Thanks man! And, do I pretty much start with a flat piece of aluminum or whatever and then make the bends for it and like weld it to the back panel?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
you dont need to weld it lol just make the holes yourself

there is an option in Solidworks that lets you flat out the model , so you can print a pattern or give the file to a CNC plasma cutter shop , and done , you just need to do the bends yourself after that

... if you need any help , ill gladly help
smile.gif

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, my dad works at a machine shop and has access to lots of machinery and "scrap metal". I may be getting a stainless steel case if that is what he has left over from some projects gone wrong.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
ok , when you are "ready" to make the part , PM me to give you the right one .

i just noticed i havent uploaded the updated version lol with the holes to fasten the PCI cards lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts