Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if my pc will run it BETTER than my ps3!
or will it look better on my than my ps3?

i have a dell so no OCing D:

E4500 @ 2.2 GHz & 2 MB L2
HD 4850 @ 650/1000 (FOC)
3 GB DDR2 @ 667 MHz

thanks!

·
god loves ugly
4,212 Posts
Probably better off playing it on PS3. It seems that you need a high-clocked quad and a monster GPU to play it decently.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Better to play it on your PS3. GTA IV is a crappy console port which loads heavily on the CPU when it should be loading a lot more on the GPU. A 2.2ghz (isn't that stock?) E4500 will really struggle with it. You really need a quad core CPU for this game to run any good on PC.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
It'll run and look better on your ps3.

You can make it look better on PC, but it will not be playable on your dual core.

·
Overclocking
9,248 Posts
it's hopeless. Sell both ur PS3 and PC to get a nice i7 setup

·
Registered
414 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownm
View Post

it's hopeless. Sell both ur PS3 and PC to get a nice i7 setup

Should I find it disturbing that I actually did this?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you did that?!!

i think you should....

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Sell the PS3, get a Phenom X4 or i5, save up and get an ATI 5870. Save money, don't buy the i7 unless you need HT.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tehmaggot View Post
Probably better off playing it on PS3. It seems that you need a high-clocked quad and a monster GPU to play it decently.
This. I've read people with phenoms barely run it.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Yep, like said above you're better off playing it on your PS3.

Your Dual Core and 4850 will not handle the game well enough to play it at a decent resolution or quality.

·
AMD Gamer
608 Posts
I play it on my sig rig with no issues running on med to high graphic settings and my cpu is a dual core.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I can play it no issues. BC you can't OC, I would vote PS3. It's much more enjoyable to use with a gamepad anyway. Although, I did play this game with my 360 controller, I'd still say PS3. Do it the way it was intended to be just like back in the day on the other GTA's.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by freebeer
View Post

But in my opinion (lol), sell your PS3 (Because they suck), or trade it, for a 360, and play GTAIV on that.

I pray your kidding. If not way to try and start a flame war

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I say PC because for one, mods galore, two, looks much better especially with AA
My sig rig runs it fine at max settings with 4xAA @ 2048x1152. And whoever says this is a crappy port really needs to actually play the game..

·
AMD Gamer
608 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceMaker
View Post

It's much more enjoyable to use with a gamepad anyway.

I also use a logitech controller because some games imo are just more fun with a controller.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirstyEmu
View Post

I say PC because for one, mods galore, two, looks much better especially with AA
My sig rig runs it fine at max settings with 4xAA @ 2048x1152. And whoever says this is a crappy port really needs to actually play the game..

Woah what a brilliant statement to make...

Why everyone oh yes all of you...lets all spend 100's of dollars and upgrade to an I7 just to play a single game...and why not spend in excess of 200$ on a GPU to play it as well oh yes lets do

The game is a crappy console port and thats that

Considering my CPU/HDD/GPU this game still skips and shows as low FPS as ever...not to mention it pales in comparison graphically to other titles that i can easily max out

I can admit the gameplay and storyline are both way to much fun and well thought out but the engine is broken and there is no reason whatsoever to upgrade for a single title like GTAIV

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Yep, wouldn't bother with it for PC unless you got a nice quad + GPU (which doesn't need to be a 5870 BTW, game will work fine with a 1GB 4870).
I wouldn't sell your PS3 though, it's worth keepin' around for exclusives and (at the very least) being the benchmark blu-ray player

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loosenut
View Post

I also use a logitech controller because some games imo are just more fun with a controller.

Not sure about logitech, but I know when using a 360 controller for GTA IV PC you can use it for driving and switch over to mouse/keyboard on the fly for shooting etc

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodThirstyEmu
View Post

How did you manage to use AA?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts