Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sexagenarian
C6E R9 3950X 32g DDR4 3200 500gb M.2 2x4gb Toshiba HDD EVGA GTX 1070Ti air cooled ( Noctua NH-D15S )
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently broke my pc case , I had a fully built Ryzen 1800x itx system .
Specs. are Asus Strix B350-i mobo, Ryzen 1800x , Corsair h100i cooler , corsair 650 watt psu , a Gigabyte RX580 video carrd , a 500 gig M.2 sata ssd ,and 2 spinning rust drives along with 16 gig flare x .
All squished into a corsair Obsidian 250d case .
I put the PC on my bed while i was packing to take it to a friend's house for some games and some "my ones better than yours " ( benchmarking ) - someone came into my room to talk to me , sat on my bed to do so but when they got up the little pc rolled off the bed like a ball smashing the case , but with no damage to the internal at all . Now I am looking for a new case - but something different this time .
Was set on the NZXT H 200i but I can not use it because If I use my video card I ca not use the corsair AIW (h100i ) .
one that is definitely not on my list is the Fractal Design Define Nano - not a mistake I will make twice !
There just does not seem to be much out there at present .
Please note I am in Australia not the US !

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
Another Obsidian 250D makes the most sense, but if you want a difference case a Node 804 would probably fit the bill. If you're not looking for something the shape of a cube, I'm strongly considering a Meshify C Mini.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why cant you use the H100i? I have it in a larger case but I dont see why it wouldn't fit in an itx case.

Hose though is stiff but can be moved to fit

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
old? HAH
14 Posts
i just grabbed a phanteks p400s, im pretty happy with it, even though its jammed full of some older hardware atm haha

·
Sexagenarian
C6E R9 3950X 32g DDR4 3200 500gb M.2 2x4gb Toshiba HDD EVGA GTX 1070Ti air cooled ( Noctua NH-D15S )
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have currently moved what was working properly to a used Phanteks Enthoo evolve mini .( the old one with a plastic window )
got it up and running but the RX 580 is damaged , put an old Strix r9 380 in as a temp card - not the fastest graphics card but is better than sparklies all over the place .
So far it looks like I will get a NZXT H200i but I am in the boonies so freight is going to be bad ..
Not sure what to do about the graphics card - with asics coming online for Etherium ( not sure of spelling ) prices may drop a bit in the near future . - funds are a bit tight , so might try gumtree or eBay for a second hand one . hopefully a bit better than the RX 580 I started with .
It looks a bit unbalanced with the 2 different cases now instaed of both being Corsair 250d . but it works . ( one is Intel / Nvidia the other all AMD - both Asus ROG ITX motherboards .See pic

Attachments

·
Sexagenarian
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why cant you use the H100i? I have it in a larger case but I dont see why it wouldn't fit in an itx case.

Hose though is stiff but can be moved to fit

If you use a Video card with a 3 fan cooler ( longer than 27.5cm) it fouls the Radiator .
Now that I have to buy another graphics card , I can just get one that fits . Should be quite a few at 27.5cm or a little less .(about 10.5 inches)
Just a matter of checking before I buy .

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you use a Video card with a 3 fan cooler ( longer than 27.5cm) it fouls the Radiator .
Now that I have to buy another graphics card , I can just get one that fits . Should be quite a few at 27.5cm or a little less .(about 10.5 inches)
Just a matter of checking before I buy .
Okay actually I've pulled off something in the past.

1. By taking the fans off and mounting them near the card so the air can blow away. Basically doing some arts & craft type stuff. Taking fans off the usually one piece of plastic they were mounted on and creating my own mounts.

At times I would search for cheap fans of the same size or even better and use those instead. There is usually a way you can get separate fans to fit in the spaces of smaller cases.

The result is usually better cooling anyways then the crappy fans they usually place on the $500+ cards anyways. I find fans same size but different usually in thickness which blow much more air anyways.

2. The other way is through use of water cooling the video card also. But you have an All In One cooler.

Just to give you an idea to consider...

·
Sexagenarian
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay actually I've pulled off something in the past.

1. By taking the fans off and mounting them near the card so the air can blow away. Basically doing some arts & craft type stuff. Taking fans off the usually one piece of plastic they were mounted on and creating my own mounts.

At times I would search for cheap fans of the same size or even better and use those instead. There is usually a way you can get separate fans to fit in the spaces of smaller cases.

The result is usually better cooling anyways then the crappy fans they usually place on the $500+ cards anyways. I find fans same size but different usually in thickness which blow much more air anyways.

2. The other way is through use of water cooling the video card also. But you have an All In One cooler.

Just to give you an idea to consider...

I am looking at used RX Vega 56 cards at present .
Probably get flak for that but the other machine is Intel/Nvidia so no point in both running Geforce .
anyway looks like second hand prices are going to drop a little , something to do with Ethereum mining no longer being profitable on some of the lower end GPUs .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts