Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, don't know where exactly to place this thread so I figured this would work since I have an AMD sysetem. My current Sony $30 Newegg special is kinda bumming me out right now. I'd like to know if there is something that reads faster. I know about the read and write speeds, mine's currently at 48x read speed. Is there something else I should look out for? Mine just takes so long to access and get it started, as well as load programs.

My Current DVD Burner

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I've got a Samsung TS-H552 and haven't had any trouble with it since it was installed. It's quieter than my DVD-ROM drive, faster, and is a combo CD/DVD burner.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
ive got a nec think its a nd3540 or something similar, works a treat. actually ive got two. the other one blew up and old(REALLY) old disk so i had to take the think to bits almost to remove the pieces, i was shaking it like mad and allsort and it still works perfectly so its built to last

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinhead-227

That's it right there. Good burner, no complaints from me.

Yea that's a very good drive.

Next best thing to a Plextor.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaxx

Wow, fast responses there. Hey pinhead and eveready, does it take the DVD burner long to get started?

whatcha mean?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Quote:

No, it doesn't take that long. A couple of seconds at the most, if the computer is busy doing something else.

thats what he ment... oh, my friend has one FAST FOR THE PRICE!!!! cant beat it!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I have this same Samsung. It replaced a Lite-On and is doing a fine job of that as it does more formats then you can shake a stick at. Feels very durable also, however last week I paid $40 for it PLUS shipping.

Only annoyance(sp?) you are going to see is if you install the Nero software is it will install the live update firmware software. I do recommend the firmware upgrade but this software starts up with your comp. I removed it with Startup Faster but its still annoying.

pink

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Many people refer REP's as a "cookie" because it's a treat to get them...
oh crap... I REALLY thought you meant cookies. lmao

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Yep I love the Pioneer DVD-RW now in thier 11th incarnation. As mentioned if you want the best go the way of Plextor with a fist full of dollars.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts