Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is driving me nuts... i put the bios files on disk... the ones from DFI marked 9-14... i even checked the disk and they are marked 9-14 but once in the utility from DOS it says 8-27... the bios is better than what i had as my temps are not reading 30-31c flux versus 39-40c flux.... but my CPU is still running at 200x4... when i tried to manually changed the multi to 10... it wouldnt post... HELP!!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I dont see it. It could be there and I just dont since I broke my glasses, but I'd like to think im not that blind :-/

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denmor

I dont see it. It could be there and I just dont since I broke my glasses, but I'd like to think im not that blind :-/

dtr 3200+
dfi lanparty UT nf3
bfg FX5200
audigy 2 zs
xp-120 with 115cfm panaflo
200gig wd caviar
580w powmax psu\\

EDIT: it has to do with the bios locking the chip down as its not recognizing it properly... bios shows it properly... as a a64 3200+... but its running it at 200x4... and its pissing me off

·
Registered
698 Posts
so your CPU is auto-detecting at a 4 multiplier giving you a total of 800 mhz, and you have flashed with the newest BIOS. Try increasing your multiplier incrementally, and if it refuses to post at any multiplier higher than 4 you might have a dead cpu or a dead mobo.

Do you have access to another CPU you can try in the socket, or another motherboard you can try the CPU in?

·
Registered
645 Posts
i read on some newegg review that you have to install some AMD update in windows update or something... i dont know **** about DTR's but its worth a try.

·
Registered
698 Posts
could be. But that dosent make sense for the BIOS detecting it at 4x200

·
Banned
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus

the specs are not in your sig

well how do i get them in my sig... i already added them in the rig showcase thing... i thought that put them in the sig... and as for the problem... it's fixed... i went to DFIs FAQ and figured it out... i had to manually set the voltage... it was on auto... which clearly wasnt cutting it... now instead of 30-31c im at 34-35c... hope it drops when the AS5 settles... now i gotta find where to post about my next problem... i broke the driver disk for my soundcard.. Audigy 2 ZS... i downloaded everything from the site but i cant get the EAX and THX consoles... i think its the thing that wont run... HELP!!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Good to hear you figured it out... I was scared for a second thinking DFI/ wouldnt work with the DTR's...

I have a CG3400/DFI Lanparty UT coming my way
. Joining the A64/DTR club.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by setite

well how do i get them in my sig... i already added them in the rig showcase thing... i thought that put them in the sig... and as for the problem... it's fixed... i went to DFIs FAQ and figured it out... i had to manually set the voltage... it was on auto... which clearly wasnt cutting it... now instead of 30-31c im at 34-35c... hope it drops when the AS5 settles... now i gotta find where to post about my next problem... i broke the driver disk for my soundcard.. Audigy 2 ZS... i downloaded everything from the site but i cant get the EAX and THX consoles... i think its the thing that wont run... HELP!!

i know from experience....the only way to get everything for the audigy is to use a cd. nobody that i could find on the net has the full drivers, just little software and updates. creative does not have everything either, which is stupid. i had to buy a new sound card so that i could install it. so if u know someone with the cd, use that, otherwise...beg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts