Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Every game takes patience my friend. But then again, CS type games i always have trouble playing, online anyway, offline is not a issue. Just play against the bots until you become better.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
haha.. i was like this when i first played TF2.. anyways.. what really helped me out was practicing a lot.. and watching these videos by EvilDaedalus on Youtube.
here is one

watch all of his videos! (tf2 ones) They are well made!

• Rep+
Reactions: smoke12291

·
Premium Member
8,951 Posts
It was hard for me to get used to TF2, for some reason, at first too. Just stick with one class for a while, get good with that class, and move onto another.

Oh, and dskina, Palin was pumping her hands to the tempo of my music for a second there o_O
...creepy

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by $till LegendaryU2K
View Post

Every game takes patience my friend. But then again, CS type games i always have trouble playing, online anyway, offline is not a issue. Just play against the bots until you become better.

TF2 is all online

just keep playing, you'll get the hang out it.

i still am! lol

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smoke12291
View Post

TF2 is all online

just keep playing, you'll get the hang out it.

i still am! lol

haha.. he wouldnt know..
after all.. his computer can't handle it..

jk!

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
TF2 isn't a twitch based shooter like CoD. You need to conserve your ammo and use a great deal of tactics to get anything done. Aim has very little to do with killing in the game. I've bonked lots of heavies to death as a scout simply because I know what I'm doing.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
tips) use common sense ex) do not charge at a heavy with a bat unless you are experienced.. and if you do happen to want to charge at a heavy.. sneak from behind then strafe around him
another tip is aiming at where you think they might go next ex) aiming at there feet etc.. and hope for a crit rocket lol
hmm.. what else.. pay attention to your surroundings.. and always check for spies...
and what kind of tips are you looking for? these are just some that i know.. but you arent being specific enough.. like.. problems with a class? or what ?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
TF2 isn't a twitch based shooter like CoD. You need to conserve your ammo and use a great deal of tactics to get anything done. Aim has very little to do with killing in the game. I've bonked lots of heavies to death as a scout simply because I know what I'm doing.
exactly.. but aim has more than little to do with killing in the game.. unless you arent a very good aimer..
like the scouts speed.. it throws off my aim.. so i steady my shots before i shoot people.. accuracy is better imo

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
TF2 isnt that hard. And since you respawn dont worry about getting owned. Also, one of the hardest things to get used to is leading a target thats 5 ft away. Not like CSS where you can pretty much aim and even if theyre far away your shots right on.
And the thing that Ive noticed, the more I play TF2 the more I suck at CSS, which is really wierd cuz I used to be really good at CSS.
-Ω.
PS: Just keep playing youll get used to it and then youll stop sucking, also, go for the objective.

·
Registered
947 Posts
How can you be bad at TF2 lol? Its prolly the most newbified game I have ever played. I really don't have any suggestions though sorry......

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Well first things first you got to get used to every class practice which each one and you will get used to it. At first when I started playing this game I sucked a lot also but once you get the hang of it then you will be good.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeePs
View Post

How can you be bad at TF2 lol? Its prolly the most newbified game I have ever played. I really don't have any suggestions though sorry......

Are you one of the people I've humiliated with a bat?

TF2 is extremely complex, and at the same time anyone can play it. Thats what makes it so great. It lacks the same kind of insta-kill you get from good CSS/CoD4 players. TF2 is often put down because there are so many different skill levels that many people will see an good player, and think he's the absolute greatest TF2 player ever. But there are still tons of great players that will make that player look like a total noob, they just aren't on that particular server, so nobody knows about them. There is always room for improvement too. If you were to take the top player from every CoD4 server and put them in a deathmatch server chances are they would all end up about even, because there is a cutoff to how good you can be. If you were to do that with TF2 you would see wild fluctuations in skill levels, and likely someone would end up with around 50 kills, 1 death, because they are just that insanely good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts